Thursday, July 31, 2014

March part 1

 Those moments that you imagine living as a mother before you have kids....yeah, this was one of them, playing out right before my eyes. Though I never played baseball, nor was my family a big baseball watching family, I still always imagined having a son some day that would play baseball. Or at least try out tball. So watching this boy suite up in those ADORABLE little baseball pants, put on his cap and sit there from the dugout smiling over at mom it certainly felt like living a dream!
Kellen is a good little ball player. His confidence has grown so much this year, as have his skills. He works hard and seems to enjoy himself out there. I think that baseball is a really good fit for him. It is not too aggressive and not a lot of contact. He does a good job handling the pressure of being up to bat. He still doesn't want to practice a ton at home, but then again he is 5 and I am not ready to push him too much. I enjoy seeing him try it out and develop some skills and decide what he likes and doesn't like. 
 Kellen and Joseph....BFF
 This girl loves her Grammy and we Always love her surprise stop by visits!
 Church with a toddler is no fun! Not until they are nursery age at least. I feel like for a few months straight this is pretty much all I do....stand her while Carys test the maximum water capacity of her belly. This girl and drinking fountains are going to be the death of me!
 The kids were So excited when they found out that Uncle Bob and Aunt April were going to be coming to town. We looked at pictures from when Makenna and Kellen were little and had been at their wedding. They were so cute talking about how anxious they were to have them in San Diego. While they were here we got to spend time hanging out and also went with them to dinner a local mexican restaurant that has guys that walk around playing guitars and singing to the guest, which the kids always get a big kick out of!

 We loved seeing Uncle Bob and Aunt April. We already look forward to seeing them again in the future! We also really appreciated the great things they brought for the kids....the armed forces action figures and the remote control hummer. All the kids loved them, especially the boys. So much fun!

 EVERY time we see a gorgeous sunset, we think of Papa sending some love down to us. No one appreciated the beauty of the earth than Papa did/does!
 One of the things that I totally love about our church is the experiences that our kids are able to have at church. One of those experiences is the opportunity to sing, talk, perform in front of others. I always felt at an advantage giving school presentations because I was used to getting up in front of people at church all the time. Makenna was assigned a talk and this was the first time that she wrote the talk All on her Own! Yes, you can tell a 7 year old wrote it. But you can also tell it came right from her heart and that it represents in her heart what she knows to be true. 
 Conner finishing his tball season and getting his high five and his medal!
 Our kids are not the type to climb into bed with mom and dad too often. Yes, it happens occasionally. But compared to what other mommy and daddy friends talk about, I feel like it really doesn't happen all that much for us. Because of this, I sometimes can't hep but climb in my kids bed with them...just to watch them sleep and get to cuddle and see their cute, peaceful faces. Because really, there is not much sweeter to watching than your sleeping child. 
 Mustache day at the kids school. Kellen was feeling a little shy at first about showing up to school with his mustache, so I gave mom one also so he wouldn't feel so strange. I'm grateful he actually thinks it is cool to walk around with his mom with matching mustaches. I know it won't stay this way forever so I will take it while it lasts. 
 A boy and his legos is nothing but pure happiness. 
 Got this adorable outfit as a hand me down from our neighbor. Could it be any cuter!! Love these two to pieces and I love love love watching them together.
 Another St. Patricks day at the McKameys! The kids helped me find bait at the store....all candy and food that was the color of the rainbow to entice the little leprechauns to our home. I love watching the kids design, decorate and put together their trap. They are so thoughtful and methodical about it. This year they wanted to put little pretend candles in the trap to light up the bait so the leprechaun could see it. They are so adorable!
 Before and after. The trap is always good at drawing the leprechauns out...now if only we could trap one!


 Mom late at night while the kids are sleeping. Yep, I don't spend my time doing laundry or dishes or catching up on computer business or moping or making kids lunches. I just take selfies on the computer all night long. Or maybe I have always hated that there were never a lot of pics of my mom when I was younger and I am ensuring my kids don't have that same problem.
Every. Single. Morning....these three snuggle together. 

No comments: