Thursday, September 4, 2014

March Part 2

I love having a big family and lots of kids. I also love my special time that I have with my kids one on one or in smaller groups. 

This is very likely one of my favorite pictures of Conner in a long time! Love this boy and his sweet spirit so very much!

Having passes to Disneyland makes it easier to justify splitting off and taking the kids in smaller groups at times. We decided it would be nice for the "big kids" to have a chance to go to Disneyland so we could really focus on all the "big kid" things at Disneyland. Of course we kept this a secret and made sure Con was able to have lots and lots of fun here with Abby (I have to be honest, I felt quite guilty about it the whole time). It was a really good day though. A very different dynamic and a nice chance to have some time with these two!


This picture deserves a story. Splash mountain is one of my favorite rides at Disneyland...for a couple of reasons. First of all, it reminds me of my Dad/Papa. It was one of his favorite rides and he also LOVED to sing the song from it. Secondly, it is just an awesome ride. Makenna....well, she doesn't feel the same. But seeing that it was just us and there was no baby that we had to have a parent stay off the ride with, we told her she had to come with since she couldn't be left alone. She reluctantly got on the ride (I am not so mean that I would drag her on the ride kicking and screaming or anything). She was actually really enjoying herself until I told her we were coming up on the Big and final drop. And then she panicked. Pure panic! "I want off, I want off! I don't want to go!" "Sorry Makenna, there is no way off" So what does she do? She ducks her head and tries to hide. And in the process ends up hitting her tooth on the seat in front. It was so sad and silly it was almost funny. She wasn't badly hurt. Just sad, offended, wet and a little sore. She learned not to duck on a big waterfall drop. And Dad and I comforted her and then helped her laugh it off. I just had to buy the picture, it was too funny. And Daddy just looked WAY to awesome to pass up!!!


I'm so grateful for days like this and the chance we have to be with our kids, have fun, grow closer together and hopefully make memories with them that will last forever!

No comments: