Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mommy and Sis

 This girl and I got a special mommy and daughter day during Christmas break. Makenna has been dying to go ice skating, so I decided to surprise her with an afternoon out on the ice together. She was so cute while I walked her with her eyes closed through the mall, through the food court and out to the ice rink. The smile on her face when she realized what we were doing was too sweet. She was pretty nervous getting out there at first, but this natural little athlete picked it up so fast! Before I knew it she was off, way ahead of me, cruising like she had been doing it forever. She did fall quite a bit, but the main reason she fell was because she was trying such brave stuff for a girl who was on the ice for the first time. She did fantastic and I was so proud of her. And even when she would fall she would get right back up and keep going.
 I have to admit it was a lot of fun for me as well. It had been A LONG time since I had gone ice skating and it felt like such a care free thing to do with my daughter. I felt like a little kid again!
 So at one point Makenna had fallen a few times in a row and was getting bummed out that she was falling so much and that I had not fallen at all. I told her it was just because I was being more cautious. So at one point I pretended to go a bit faster than I had been going and then "slipped" and fell on my bum. After Makenna checked to see if I was okay, she started cracking up! It was so funny! She thought it was the greatest thing ever to see her mom fall. Even though it did hurt a bit (falling on the ice at 30 years old is different then falling at 16 years old) it was worth it to see Makenna smile and laugh.
I love my girl so much! I love that she is the sweet little spirit that made me a mom. I love being with her and spending time with her. I love the way she makes me feel when I am with her. I love how much she laughs and smiles and what a happy girl she is and how contagious her happiness can be. This little girl brought my life back into perspective and have made me the woman I am today and I am grateful to her for that every day of my life. I love you Makenna Mae!

No comments: