Saturday, September 6, 2014

Still Marching

The saddest face ever....breaks my heart to see...
This poor, sweet little boy. Probably my least crazy of them all but somehow he has been to the ER twice now for injuries. I was on my way home from the mud run (see next post) and got a call when I was about 15 min away. Kids were crying in the background, lots of noise and Todd was on the phone asking when I was getting home, the we needed to go to the ER, that there was lots of blood, something about someones head. Finally I asked enough questions to understand that it was Kellen he was talking about and that the bleeding was under control but still needed attention. Talk about a way to make a moms heart race like crazy! Poor Kellen was sitting on the arm of the chair, fell off and just happened to hit his head right by his eye on the top of our glass side table. Split the skin by his eye right open :( I swear this must be the weak spot on the face because it seems like 3 out of 5 people got stitches here as a kid. I Swear! To me the cut look "questionable" as far as needing medical attention. But anything on the face that seems questionable and could leave bad scaring deserves a close look. So we loaded up and headed to the hospital. 
Kellen as a total trooper at the hospital. Waited patiently for his turn. Sat very still and hardly said a word while they examined and cleaned his cut. Finally they said that all he was going to need was some glue and that it wouldn't be worth the dram for 1 stitch. Thank goodness! He was a real tough kid while she put the glue on. And when he was done they told him (Very Genuinely told him) that he had been there BEST patient all day. And they said they had a very special sticker they save for the best kid each day. And that day it was Kellen. Their #1 Patient! I don't think that boy could have been more proud. It was the cutest thing!

A little flashback to the photo strip that Abby did with the kids the day we ditched them for Disneyland. See...they had fun! I didn't need to feel That guilty!
VIP Lunch at the kids school. One of my favorite days. Getting to go to the school and have lunch with my sweet kiddos. It was interesting having 2 kids this year and getting to do 2 VIP lunches back to back. Twice the love and fun! Here are the kiddos with their BFF's

Mama and her babes!
Makenna did an amazing job on her 2nd grade project. It was no small task. And I think the poor girl, without really knowing, picked the hardest habitat to do. But it was good for her. She was excited about it and worked really hard and ended up with a really amazing project!
These boys are adorable together and also a lot of mischief (as it well should be with brothers!) They apparently disappeared into the room with a green marker and came out about 5 minutes later transformed into vicious tigers! Imaginations at work! And thank you Crayola for washable pens!
Open house season is always the school project time of year. Kellen had been learning about insects in his class, so they were assigned to make an insect at home. Kellen and I sat down together to look t ideas online and found something similar to thing. A "lightning bug". He fell in love with the idea and then took some creative license himself. He did so good! He drew the shape, cut out and decorated both wings. And he helped put everything on and in its place. I just worked to hot glue gun. It is so fun to watch your kids be creative and be proud of the work they do.
Carys and her Pa. She loves him to death. She's just afraid of getting back cracks :)
This boy and his hair. He is so funny! I have not known a boy to be so particular about his looks, his style, his clothes, his hair...and not even being 4 years old. He knows exactly how he wants things to look and makes sure it is done the right way. My favorite things is finding this kid looking in the mirror without him realize someone is watching as he "oohs" and "aaaahs" at himself, with a huge smile that says "I look good and I know it!" Heartbreaker....that's what this kid is going to be.
Because there are some areas in parenthood that you Just Can't Fail! Teach them and teach them good!

No comments: