Sunday, September 21, 2014

 The annual coloring of the eggs. This year was surprisingly done with not very much mess at all! Score one for the mama....I'm starting to get good at getting these things done efficiently. The kids always love this activity. They get so excited about the "boiled eggs". And every year the kids come around to actually eating the eggs a little more, so that is nice too. Even if they almost all go in the trash eventually, the fun of coloring them is what it is all about!

 Conner thinks you can never be too prepared when coloring eggs. 
 Baskets out of the easter bunny to fill, some carrots for a midnight snack for him and Kellen thought it would be good to leave out all our "easter" related books for the easter bunny to read. Always so thoughtful.
 I LOVE this age with Easter. The baby finds the eggs and goes to town. They don't care about anything else. Candy filled eggs?!! How does it get batter than this!
 Sometimes the Easter Bunny worries where in the world he/she is going to keep hiding Easter baskets for all the years to come.....

 Daddy's Easter morning breakfast tradition....a warm piece of buttered toasted, a sliced hard boiled egg with salt and pepper on top. 
I really don't think that this boy could have eyes any more crystal blue. This boy seriously makes me knees feel weak when I look at this beautiful face. Those red lips, blue eyes, golden hair....he's a heartbreaker....with the sweetest, silliest, full of life little personality ever! 
 This big girls, growing up to be such a sweet, beautiful young lady. She is really coming into her own. She has a tender heart and a leading spirit. She is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I am so proud of the great bis sister she is, the help that she gives me and am so blessed to call her my friend as well as my daughter. She is my angel and always will be.
My brown eyed boy. With a heart of gold. This boys smile is all it takes to have me wanting to pull him into my arms and hold him close and cuddle him. He takes such good care of his mama. He is such a thoughtful, such a big hearted boy. He has a mind of his own and thinks out of the box in many ways. he makes me so proud and lucky to be his mama.
 And this little Doll. She brings so much love, spunk and life to our family. She is the apple of everyones eye. Each and every one of us are just wrapped around her little fingers. She is such a well rounded little girl. She is silly and loves to get a smile and a laugh from people. She is tough and adventurous and can keep up with all those bigger siblings of hers. She loves to give kisses and cuddle and be held close. She's smart as a whip and is constantly watching what is going on around her. She is such a blessing to our family. 
Happy Easter! We are so grateful for this time of year to remember our savior. Remember his sacrifice for us. Remember the love that our Heavenly Father shows us. And to reflect upon what is really important. I am so grateful for my knowledge and testimony that if I do all that I can to follow my savior and keep the covenants I have made with him that I will be able to be with this beautiful family of mine for time and all eternity....something that is only available to us through the love and the mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: