Thursday, February 7, 2013

Well, I don't know what it is about our kids. Maybe they are rebels or something because they apparently do not like to lose their front teeth the traditional way. No. They want them pulled. 
First Makenna. Now Kellen. 
With Kellen we have actually seen this coming for a very long time. When he was about 18 months old he was running with Makenna and tripped and fell by a baby gate and hit his mouth really hard on a metal portion of the gate. It had chipped the tooth pretty good and had knocked it a bit sideways. The doctors told us what to watch for with it to see if the roots were going to die. Well, it lasted a few years. But sure enough at the end of November it started to abscess. So we brought him into the dentist and about 20 minutes later I had a very cute little boy with a tooth in a small box, all ready for the tooth fairy to come. 
By this point we all know that Kellen loves holidays. Well, discovering the tooth fairy was a whole new things for him. And it came with a barrage of questions. What does she look like? How big is she? How does she get in the house? How does she get my tooth out from under my pillow without me waking up? What happens if I do wake up? What does she put the tooth in? Why does she take the tooth? What does she do with the tooth once she takes it? Why does she want teeth? 
Let's just say I deserve a pat on the back. I am pretty good at thinking on my feet and answering fast under pressure. 
 Kellen's new look. Yes, he is cute. But I don't like it- it makes him look older and I don't like my kids looking older. 
 Kellen at his school Pow Wow. He did a really good job singing all their cute thanksgiving songs and dancing around like an indian. He can be such a shy kid, it sort of shocks me to see him be so willing to perform.


 Oh, sweet Carys. Who knew that life as a baby was so hard!
 My dear Makenna. She is certainly her own little person and these days she has a fashion sense all of her own. I don't know where she got it from, but somehow she got the idea that tucking in her shirt and pulling her pants up high was the hot new look. Normally I have no problem whatsoever letting my kids pick out their own clothes, even if it means they look ridiculously mis-matched or whatnot. But wow, this drives me insane. I can't stand it. And Makenna knows I can't stand it...which only encourages her to do it more and more. So I have decided to just ignore it and pray or will go away or that someone at school will tease her so she will decide to stop. Silly girl! You are still cute somehow. 
 Conner with his girl. Randomly she smiled right when I was taking the pic. So cute. 

 Well I did it. A trip to the Zoo on my own with all 4 kiddos in tow. I have to say I was pretty proud of myself. It was good to know that I could do it without anyone getting lost, hurt or falling in the monkey cages.
 Spending some time with sweet little Brooke and Kipper before they moved to Idaho. Love my little niece and nephew!

 I am so glad I got this picture of Conner and Todd so that I never forget this. Conner Loves to go outside and help Todd work. And almost any time he is off to give his ol' man a hand with the chores, he runs inside and grabs his toolbox and goes and sets up right next to Daddy. He will then get his tools out and get to work, right alongside Dad. It is just the cutest, sweetest little display ever. It is exactly what you imagine from a little boy, trying to be like his Daddy. I love that Conner is such a boy at heart. He makes me smile every day. 
Daddy (and Conner's) handy work putting up lights and bows on the house.

No comments: