Monday, February 4, 2013

NOVEMBER! I'm catching up!


Well, I am yet to figure out if this is intentional or accidental. His bed does have a side rail on it. But I would say at least 4 nights a week when I go to check on the kids and go to sleep, this is how I find Conner. I wonder often if he ends up like this throughout the middle of the night as well. If he does then I am not going to stop him. He sleeps soundly all night long. It is just silly. But that is Conner for ya!
 While I was pregnant with Carys, I felt like this baby was really going to be a good chance for Kellen to live up the big brother role. He has such a big heart and is so sweet and gentle. And we all know how well he took care of Toby for so long. When Conner was born he was a bit young to really fill the role of big brother that can be really helpful. Well, he has lived right up to my expectation. He is so good at holding her gently, singing to her, talking to her, patting her belly to calm her down. And I would have to say, he is probably the sibling that does the best at helping her be happy when she gets fussy. So sweet!
 The classic "Dad asleep holding the new baby" picture. What is even more funny is that if you look closely you will see that Carys is actually awake. Makes me laugh.
 Con being Con. Glasses on upside down, shooting bears and vacuuming for mom. What a helper!

 Since Carys has been born Conner has stepped up his role as uncle to baby Toby. Kellen does a good job of sharing Toby with Con when he wants to play with her. And he has been toting her around a lot more these days. I don't know what it is about my boys and that doll...
 What an angel...
 Carys and the boys in her life. She will be well watched over.
 Makenna and Kellen went through a cute phase of playing "Mommy and Daddy" together. They would each wear a pair of Mommy and Daddy's boots and walk around pretending to be married and be us. It was hilarious to listen to. 
 I've learned that with Makenna it is not often you get a picture of her just standing and smiling...but that is my Makenna. Here we are at her end of the season party for Soccer. She did such a good job this year. I was so proud of her and the hard work she put in, the improvement I saw in just a few months and glad for the fun she was able to have. 

Makenna and Coach Jason and her very first ever Trophy!

No comments: