Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Zoo and "Camping"

A few weeks ago while Todd was out of town my mom took the kids and I to the Zoo for the evening. Sadly when we got there we realized we only had a little over an hour before the Zoo would be closing (they close way too early!), so we had to rush our way through it a bit. But, given the short amount of time we actually saw quite a bit, covered a lot of ground and had tons of fun with the kids. Both of them were being total stinkers and not cooperating at all for pictures, but we got a few. I just love time out with Grammy. They kids just eat it up and there is something so fun and special about seeing my children with my mommy. I love it!



Aren't they just so cute to see playing together. It always makes me smile!

These were the only pictures we could get the kids to actually look at the camera during. So at least it is documented as to who was really on this outing. We love you Grammy!
A little while ago we were driving in the car and Makenna informed me that she has never been camping before. I asked her what camping was and she told me that it is sleeping outside in a tent with a sleeping bag and making smores. I told her that was right and quizzed her on what smores were and how they were made. I told her that I could not take her to sleep outside in a tent right now, but we could definitely make smores. So a couple weekends ago we were at my parents for a bbq and decided to make smores over their fire pit outside. Makenna loved it. She really enjoyed helping mom roast the marshmallow and assembling the smore. Though when it came time to eat it she was a bit reluctant. She took a few bites, but ultimately she just wanted to eat chocolate. What can you do, right? It was still fun, we all enjoyed our smores and in the end Makenna was happy to be able to say that she has now been camping. I just went with it and figure as soon as I can I will fulfill part 2 of camping and have us all sleep in a tent in the backyard or something. I just love kids! :)
It took her a little while to go for the first bite and then some more time to decide what to make of it all. I think she was a bit distraught over the marshmallow being smashed.
Conner and I on the other hand had no hesitation with our smores. Neither did Daddy ;)
Or Grammy. Who needs the smore though when you can just have the marshmallow??

Kellen opted for chocolate and then a banana. Silly boy.




3 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Love it ! Doesn't it just amaze you how they come up with these things out of the blue ?

Kipn n' Sarah said...

How stinkin cute! I love that you have now been "camping" how easy :) I love also that Makenna wanted to make Smores but did not really want to eat them, what a little hoot you got there. O love all the pictures, you guys are all so cute! Love ya!

amber said...

personally i think smores are a waste of good chocolate but to each there own. love that you guys get to spend so much time together. looks like you had fun!!