Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer...Finally!!

I am definitely a summer girl...no doubt about it. Yes, there have been a few moments since it started heating up that the warmth has been a bit overwhelming for me (which is only due to the fact that I have a furnace cooking away in me and it's no fun being pregnant and hotter than hot!). But still, I refuse to complain about the heat because I truly enjoy it and look forward to it all year.
A couple of weeks ago we broke in the pool at my parents house for the first time this season. I am yet to download all the pictures my mom took of actually In the water, but here are a few cute ones of the kids suited up and ready to go!
Makenna did a great job in the pool. Before we went over there she was not sounding very excited about the prospect of getting into a pool. And I was nervous for her to see how she did after so long of not being in the pool and the memory of last years events. But once we got there and everyone was excited and getting ready Makenna quickly forgot her fears and got right in. She was a bit clingy and nervous at first but she warmed up fast. Every time we have been in the pool since then she has been more and more brave and comfortable. She is anxious to start her swim lessons in a few weeks and is really doing great!
Kellen definitely prefers to hang out poolside right now than actually get IN the water. The only way he will go in is if you grab him and carry him in against his will (which I do of course!). He seems Okay with it once he gets used to it, as long as you are holding onto him tight. The minute your try and let him go or make his kick or use his arms or Anything of the sort, he just goes straight as a board and complains and whines. I am hoping that he gets more comfortable in the pool with more time and exposure and that he can learn to enjoy it. But I also think he just might not be much of a pool kid. We shall see. Either way he loves putting on his suite and floaties and looks totally adorable in them!
I think this is one of my favorite pictures of Todd and Kellen. Both of my boys...they just look so cute and happy together. I love this so much!
He is just learning how to really cheese it up for the camera!

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

I wonder where Kellen gets the "cheesing it up for the camera?"
Love the pics