Thursday, December 3, 2009

Uneventful Events

They may not seem that exciting to you, but it is every day life. And that is the stuff I want to remember when my kids are grown.

Other than the toilet and trash can, Kellen's other obsession is taking pens out of the drawer in the office. Todd and I keep saying we need to move the pens up higher and then we never do it. Apparently we like to pick up pens all day.
Kellen on the hunt for his binky. It has to stay in bed when he wakes up and he only gets it when he is sleeping. So sometimes he will be willing to take a nap, just to have his binky. Works for me!
For Thanksgiving Kenna's preschool class put on a little pow wow. The kids were dressed as indians and pilgrims and sang songs for the parents. It was Kenna's first ever performance and it was the cutest thing ever. Sadly, the minute I pulled out my camera the battery died. I was in tears (literally). So when we got home I made Kenna dress back up and let me take a few pics of her playing her drum. I had to capture the image. At least it is something I will never forget.



She may only be three, but this girl already has a passion for wearing lip gloss. She will put it on as many times in a day as I will allow her to. How does this start so young? I was just not that type of little girl. I am not even that type of big girl. Though I wear more lip gloss now than I ever have before because Kenna loves to be my make-up artist as well.


Makenna AKA Super Girl
Why?
The dentist kept telling me to get her to stop sucking her thumb, but I had no idea it would do THIS to her teeth.
Hanging out at the mall the weekend after Thanksgiving. It was raining so it was really the only thing to do.
When did my brother become such a handsome man?! Watch out ladies of Idaho...here he comes!
Kellen was not amused.
The clean up may not be fun, but I just love to see my boy (and girl for that matter) getting in the mud and playing and having fun. It's good for 'em. He looks cranky in this picture, but he was really having a blast.
Brooke was down visiting and we were trying to get ready to leave. Kenna was keeping an eye on Brooke in her car seat while we got the bags packed up. When we went to get her this is what we found....Kenna had filled her car seat with blankies, toys, blocks, dolls, etc. You could barely see Brooke, who was looking a bit freaked out. It was hilarious.
My big girl, cruising around the lakes. That girl is a maniac on her tricycle!
Kellen is IN LOVE with animals of any kind right now. So I knew he would have a blast feeding the ducks, which he did. He was so enthralled. The only sad part was that he kept trying to touch them and they would just steal all his bread, which he would get very offended about. It was way cute though.
Sarah giving Brooke a pickle. We were expecting some crazy face and reaction, but she loved it and went to town on it! Weird kid.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

i love the everyday random stuff .sometimes being at home gets a little boring but it makes for some funny pictures...monday at sea world will defiently not be boring! see you then!
p.s. i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to take riley on some rides now that you told me she can go on them!

The BRU Crew said...

Those teeth are a CRACK UP! I need you on my blog again girl! Where did I put you? CRAP! I am sorry for leaving you hanging! I am sure Sarah tells you all about me though right?! JK! Hope you are doing good! MISS YA!! COME HANG OUT!!

The Perry family said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the personality of that Kenna! Good Luck to your Dad! I still don't like pickles, weird baby. You're so good to remember to let your kids have fun even if it's more clean up for you. You're such a great mommy! Lip gloss looks good on both of you. Wait 'til Kellen starts busting it out!

Jessica said...

so i just saw your latest comment on my page...are we planning on sea world AGAIN this monday? or did you mean for last monday? im' so confused, either no one told me about this monday or they did and i totally forgot? But most likely i won't be able to make it, i'm just starting to recover from strep throat :( and don't want to stress my body out while it's recovering ya know?