Thursday, December 3, 2009

Papa Time

In a few days my Dad is moving up to Utah. Life has been a roller coaster ride for him here over the last couple of years. There have been so many ups and downs and lots of changes. It has been a tough time for a lot of people, and he has been one of them. So, he decided that it was time for a change. And after a kind offer from his uncle, along with answers to prayers, he has decided to move up to Utah and see what lies in store for him up there. He has no job there yet and is moving purely on faith. I know that it is a hard thing for him to do, but both Sarah and I are very proud of him for doing it. I think change will be good and hopefully life treats him well up there.
Last week we got together at Sarah's house to have a nice dinner together before he left. We had steak, potatoes, salad, cheese bread and my Dad's pumpkin banana pie (the only kind of pumpkin pie I will actually eat!) Sarah and I totally butchered the steaks. We were using a marinade recipe of Kips that he had given Sarah over the phone. It called for 1 tsp of lemon rind, but Sarah did not see the 1 tsp portion of the instructions. So....she grated the entire lemon rind and then even squeezed in a touch of lemon juice (we both thought that the lemon would assist in breaking down and tenderizing the meat....don't let a woman do a mans job!). So we had lemon stakes for dinner that night, but everyone still ate their entire steak :)
It was a fun night and a good chance to get together. Good luck in Utah Dad. We are so proud of you! We'll miss you!
Kenna's hair, post braids
Big eyed Brookers, hanging out with her mama!
I tell ya, this is the best pumpkin pie there is!

1 comment:

C Knoop said...

Good luck to your dad! I kept meaning to ask you how it all went with saying good-bye to him. I'm sure he will find happiness in happyville.