Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Milestones of sorts....

Well, I have a few milestones to share...silly ones, but important to me all the same.
First off, Kellen got a potty for Christmas! It was Soooo not my idea to try "potty training" with him this young. But Kellen wants to pee on the potty more than any 15 month old I have ever known. The kid is crazy! I don't know if it is because he sees his big sissy doing it and it looks cool, but he really wants to go on the potty. He has done it a few times already. In the last month or so he has gotten amazing at letting me know he needs to or has just gone potty. He will come over to me and tell me any time he is going "pee pee". And although he usually leaves the room to take care of #2, he immediately comes to me and lets me know he is "stinky". It just amazes me that he is so aware so young. So we have a little potty of his own now. He can't be trusted around the big potty because, as much as he wants to pee in there, he wants to splash in it even more. But we have been spending a lot of time on the potty and he loves it. I am not pushing him at all...I figure he is setting the pace on this one. I am just here to encourage and assist. So here is my little bud bud on the potty....
Also, I have no picture to go with this, but Kellen is talking Sooooo much all of the sudden. He easily says 20+ words and seems to be saying something new all the time. His favorite thing to say is "all done!" He is also suddenly Really good at saying Sissy and today I heard him say "No" for the first time (which was much less exciting than all the other words he says). It just seems like the talking has come out of nowhere and it is so sweet to hear his little voice!

And then my dear Makenna Mae....she also hit another milestone the other day. I had just finished up cooking dinner and come into her room to find this....
I have to admit that when I first saw it I smiled. This is something that every child does sooner or later. Honestly, I am shocked it has taken her this long. Even better, she had Kellen standing there helping her out....the little sneak. I am sure she knew she would get in trouble and figured it would be fun to have a partner in crime. It was almost sweet seeing the two of them together coloring away on the walls.
Of course I let her see none of this. I had a serious talk with her, we ate dinner and then she helped mommy clean it off and served her time out. Mommies frustration over the ordeal settled in during the clean up job. She had used dry erase markers and I naively thought that it would come off with just a spray and a wipe. Boy was I wrong. 40 minutes of scrubbing later the magic eraser finally did the job...and it is still not perfect. So beware of dry erase markers. I guess beware of markers all together.
And lastly, Makenna got her first "board game" for Christmas. We got her Chutes and Ladders and Candyland. So far we have only played Chutes and Ladders and she loves it! It is just so sweet to see her playing a board game. She has gotten so big!

1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow what big kids you have :) Seriously it is so strage to see them so big. Especially Makenna, seriously is she old enough to be playing a board game??? WOW!!! Well they are cute and we love them!