Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years "News"

For those of you who have had your suspicions, and those of you that didn't have a clue, we've gone and done it again! That's right.....Baby McKamey #3 is in the oven and cooking away. Today we had our first apt and the doctor confirmed that I am 9 weeks along today. Our official due date is August 4th....we seem to have a lot of birthdays in August in my family so why not add another one?
We are all very excited and anxious to have another little one. For those of you who are questioning it...we were actually "trying" this time ;) We just got pregnant Right Away (which I guess in no shocker). We told the kiddos today. Kellen just ran around screeching like normal, but Makenna was very excited. She kept wanting to see the baby in my belly and seemed disappointed that my belly is still small. It was nice to have her call my belly small because even though I am only 9 weeks I feel huge already. I am certainly growing much quicker this pregnancy. They say that you show earlier with each pregnancy. This time around I believe them.
This pregnancy has so far been much more exhausting and nauseating that my previous 2. I don't know if each one is just going to get more and more challenging. Or maybe it just seems harder because I am chasing more on the outside now??? Either way, I have been wiped out. It has been a bit challenging being in the first trimester during the holidays...I feel like I have struggled to keep up. But life is finally slowing down and that is nice. My family is enduring my crazy, irrational moodiness and inability to cook a normal meal. I keep telling them it will get better and soon I will be able to make more than mac n cheese, sandwiches or cereal for them :)
Anyway, we are happy to share the news and excited to see what 2010 has in store.

6 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Congrats ! Figured there was a reason you were "struggling" to keep up with all the Christmas "stuff".

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats, we are SUPER EXCITED for you guys! Can't wait to find out who it is in there. I am so excited that Makenna is now old enough to really enjoy you being pregnant. Have you asked her yet what she thinks it is?

Jessica said...

Congratulations! I had no clue or supsicions until i saw that header! that is super exciting, i hope you get your energy back up soon :) are you guys planning on finding out the sex?

Andrea said...

Congratulations Amanda and the McKamey family! What great news. Sorry to hear about the tiredness and the nausea but unfortunately it comes with the territory. I look forward to many more updates on your progress and a healthy baby.

The Picketts said...

I haven't seen you...but the last time I read your blog I seriously thought, "hmm, I wonder if she's pregnant?" Really for no reason. Maybe I have a sixth sense - WHO KNOWS! In any case and BIG FAT CONGRATULATIONS are in order! I'm super excited for you! You seem to have a knack for making cute kids! Happy New Year!

Todd + Emily said...

Congrats!!! SO exciting!!! Just fyi your due date is our anniversary!! I'm sure this one will be just as adorable as your other two!