Monday, April 6, 2009

Pobrecito!

Seriously, has it really been 6 months since Kellen was born?!! I can't believe how fast the time goes by. I know moms are always saying that....but Seriously?!! Wow!
To celebrate turning 6 months old, Kellen cut his first tooth. Early last week his bottom left tooth came in. I knew it was going to be coming soon cause he was a leaky faucet for a couple of days. But he never got all that cranky or anything. And then BAM, suddenly there was a tooth.
Now the other bottom tooth has decided it should cut through too. And this one has not been quite so easy. My poor baby boy has been Sooooo sad today. Usually having a cranky baby tires me out and makes me feel cranky myself. But all day I have just felt so bad for Kellen. The tooth is just right there under the gum. You can see it lurking right beneath the surface. It just won't cut through. And he has been so sad and uncomfortable all day. The saddest part is that you can tell he is trying to be in good spirits and be tough. I really hope it is in by tomorrow. It just breaks my heart to see him sad and hurting.
The funny thing about Kellen is that he doesn't really cry. Well, I mean yes, he does cry sometimes. But most of the time when he is sad or upset he screams! And I mean Screams! He is a loud kid when he wants to be heard! It is not even a screaming cry. It is just yelling, which of course gets Makenna yelling too. Needless to say, the house has been quite loud today. I am ready for that to be over.
So here you go...this is what I have been hanging out with most of the day.
It was cute because every time I would go to take a picture Kellen would stop crying (well, yelling) and would put on a cute happy face. He already knows to smile for the camera.

And here are just a few other pics of the happenings around the McKamey household.

Kenna found her Minnie ears from Halloween and has been wearing them for the last few days.Grammy and Kellen boy hanging out at Red Robin. We had a little get away day on Saturday where we took the kids up to see Sarah. It was so much fun and nice to escape all the weekend duties and chores.We just love our Auntie Rah Rah! (And baby Brooke...Kenna couldn't keep her hands of Sarah's belly. She also believes that she has a baby Brooke in her belly...although her Brooke is usually a boy.)Makenna was carrying the basketball all around the house tonight after her bath with this look on her face. It is not very attractive, but it was funny. Where does she get these ideas?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

kellen is really cute! i can't believe how well he smiles for the camera and mckenna is a nut in that last picture lol oh p.s. i got the sticker club thing in the mail from laurie and i have your name, sorry i haven't got around to it today, the plan is to get stickers while i'm out doing errands today and send them this week!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so have I ever told you how much I LOVE YOUR KIDS??? I DO!!!! I hope my kids are little mini Makenna and Kellen's they are SO CUTE and so much personality in those kids, seriously! I love ALL THE PICTURES especially the one of Kellen screaming, seriously??? He I think has the BEST smile ever!!! Makenna got the eyes, he got the smile! I love them and can't wait to see them this weekend!

Anonymous said...

He is a FREAKIN HOTTIE!! HUNK A MONK!! K, so Makenna makes HILARIOUS faces!! It kinda reminds me of Sarah's faces in a way! HA!! Girl, tell Sarah to have a get together so we can come BUG YOU GUYS!! HA!!

The Perry family said...

I do not like teething!