Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our Ever Growing Boy!

The stats are in for Kellen's 6 month check up. I know he is already 6 1/2 months, but this was the soonest we could get in to the doctors.
Everything checked out great. Kellen is developing just as he should and growing like a weed. He checked in at 22lbs 13oz (off the charts...over the 95%) and 30in tall (once again, over the 95%). Todd is so proud :) He is the average height of a 1 year old. I know, it is crazy. He is a big boy. Just think of how I feel having to lug him around all day. At least I get my weight training in consistently. I have a new found respect for Todd's mother though, that is for sure.
Kellen is sitting up really well and is starting to get on his knees and feet a little bit. He can pull himself in circles with his arms too. I am sure he will be crawling in the very near future. And he is finally eating well. Since we embraced the whole 'finger foods' idea he has done great. He will eat just about any fruit and veggie I give him, as long as he gets them in bite size pieces. And he is actually able to pick up food and get it into his mouth on his own too, which actually caught me by surprise.
We are very grateful to have a healthy son and daughter.

Here are a few videos of how Kellen spends his days.

1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is SO CRAZY how big that little man is getting and all the new things he is doing. I can not believe he is the size of a 1 year old but when you see and hold the boy it suddenly seems very real! He is SO HANDSOME I just love the kiddo to death! He is going to tower over Brooke and even Makenna someday I am sure! I love how little Makenna comes running in in her chonies! She is so cute too, I love them equally!