Friday, May 27, 2011

Two of a Kind

These two have a funny relationship. Sometimes they LOVE each other to death and Conner will just bust out laughing at the site of Kellen. Sometimes Kellen gets in a total mood to tease and harass Conner, or smother Conner or lay right on top of him. Sometimes Conner plays along with this. Sometimes he gets mad and annoyed about it. I guess it depends on how tolerant he is feeling for the day.
Luckily (and gratefully) there is not really anything mean that goes on between the two. Kellen is really quite loving and gentle with Conner. If he is rough it is out of immaturity and being too overwhelming or strong for Conner. But he never really tries to be mean or gets really mad at him. (This is not always the case in the relationship between Kellen and Makenna)
It has been fun watching their relationship evolve more over the last month or two. I am starting to get more of a feel for how they are going to get along and interact with one another once Conner is getting around even more and the age gap closes between them. I am optimistic that they will be really good little buddies. I think Kellen will enjoy the shift in power and sort of "get a kick" out of being able to be in charge and be the bigger one and boss Conner around. But I think it will all be done pretty innocently. They have a sweet love for each other and I can already see how their personalities are going to balance one another out. Just the way that Kellen and Makenna bring balance to each other and challenge the other person in ways that is good for them. It is just so neat to watch the way the personalities within a family sort of all fit together like a big puzzle. How could you say that we were not all destined to be together as a family??
This is what I see most of the time I look down at my feet during the day. My little blond, blue eyed shadow that I adore.
One of Kellen's new activities when he is out in the backyard is to load his pockets up with rocks. He has decided he enjoys having a rock collection. He calls them his "collection rocks". It makes me smile every time I hear it. Now any time he or Makenna are outside playing with each other and they find a rock the will run and show the other person "Look, it's a collection rock!"

2 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Love seeing your boys :) And Conner is so cute :) I've been down the "collection rock" road and love seeing Kellen do it.

amber said...

they are so stinking cute!!! you are truly blessed. love you