Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Festivities

I don't know when Easter became such a fun holiday, but this year we enjoyed a lot of fun Easter activities which I hope continue. Grammy decided that she wants to have an annual Easter party for all the grand kids. This was the 1st Annual Easter Party and it was a big success. All the kiddos had a blast, the mommies had a ton of fun and Grammy (who put a lot of work into it) had fun and got a lot of love from her Grand babies. Grammy, you are awesome. We love you!!

Kellen getting ready to go to Grammy's house for the party. I was bringing some little kid aprons with me for the treat making. He saw this Santa one, put it on and then didn't take it off again for a very long time. I love my silly boy!
All the Grandkids together. I better have another brown haired child someday....Kellen is the lone dark and handsome one in the group!
Grammy passing out the baskets and goodies for the kids. They were loaded with candy (much to Kellen's excitement and pleasure!)
Kenna and Riley
Kellen boy and Heidi
Little Brookie. This kid may be a total munchkin, but the girl can jump! Seriously! Future track star right here!
One of Many games that the kids played. There is no way I can post everything from the party (I don't have That much free time on my hands). But the kids played Tons of games including bunny bowling, pin the tail on the bunny, memory, ring around the rosies, a pinata, an Easter egg hunt and many more. They also decorated Easter baskets, made bunny ears and bunnies to wear on their shoes, rice crispy treat eggs, cupcakes, etc. A very, very fun day indeed!


Grammy showing the kids how to make one of the two types of cupcakes they could make. You are too cute Grammy. We love you!
That night we did our Easter Egg dying, which the kids did very well at. We didn't even had any out of control messes which made me feel like my kids must be getting bigger.
Such cuties. Love those silly kids!

That night the kid left some carrots and juice out of the Easter Bunny. They were very excited about this. I was lucky to get them to sit still long enough to get a smiling picture.
Proof that the Easter Bunny made it to our house :)

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Cute post and picures! You are a wonderful Mommy, learned from a perfectly wonderful Mommy we both have!

Auntie Steph said...

Love Kellen in the apron !
Looks like they had tons of fun...was the Easter Bunny good to them ?

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! ~*Cute*~

amber said...

so cute. your mom is the best!!!