Monday, May 10, 2010

Practically Cousins

Last week Sarah and I got together so that we could have some girl time and so the cousins could play together at the park. Sarah brought her niece Hailee with her (her sister in-law Laurie's daughter. Laurie had just had a baby and we were also looking to get Hailee some play time and Laurie some alone time with the baby). Even though my kids and Hailee are not "technically" cousins, they might as well be, right? So that is what they think of each other as.
We had a really good time getting together. We met in Temecula for lunch and then went to this really great park where the kids got to run and play and splash in some water. It was a lot of fun to spend the time together and see the kids all play together. I look forward to doing this a lot more in the future!
Makenna and Hailee really get along so well. And even though Hailee is over a year younger, they are practically the same height and have a ton of fun together.


Kellen Boy. He loves his Auntie RahRah and his baby, baby Brooke.

Brooke and Hailee were having fun swinging together. Kellen wanted to join in. Thank goodness Brooke is so petite, Kellen could just slide right in with her. They looked like they were having a ton of fun, until Brooke seemed to be getting fed up by being smashed next to 28lbs of Kellen :)

Brooke just wanted to like the rocks. I don't know what her mother was thinking by allowing this, but whatever...not my baby ;)

Maybe Hailee was a little embarrassed to be standing by such a poser....can't totally blame her. I wish my daughter could just stand and smile. But then I guess she wouldn't be Makenna...

3 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Love the pic of Sarah, Brooke & Kellen !

amber said...

so cute. aren't these simple times the best!!!love you guys. auntie amber

Kipn n' Sarah said...

LOVE IT!!! That was super fun! We totally need to go play again soon, and WOW YOU THINK I AM A CRAPPY MOM???? Whatever :) I love ya and so glad you got these fun pictures. Totally have to steal them. Can you e mail them to me???? If I copy them from here they are super small? Thanks sis, love ya! Lets do it again!