Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Car, Car!"

My children LOVE the trolley. Really, passionately Love it! The trolley stop is right down the street from our house, so we usually see it at least once a day. And almost any time we get in the car Kellen begins to inquire as to the whereabouts of the trolley, or "car car" as he calls it. He is at a more passionate trolley age than Makenna is at the moment. But about a year ago she was in love with it, so we took a quick trolley ride one day so that she could experience it at it's best. I felt that now Kellen was old enough to have his trolley experience.
I don't know if the excitement was just too overwhelming, but when we first got on he just sat there, almost star struck, expressionless, unable to really move. He wasn't scared or anything, he was just almost in awe...trying his best to absorb it all in his 19 month old mind. After a minute or so he really started getting excited. And on the way back he was much more rambunctious and smiling and squealing the whole way home.
See what I mean?

It was cheap, easy fun. We made it into a fun outing, shopping at target, eating Quiznos for lunch and all 3 sharing a small cold stone treat. I just love to see kids be able to enjoy and be amazed by such simple pleasures. It makes me want to be a kid again and appreciate having children so that they can remind me of these things.

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love having kids to make these things something special rather than something we just watch go by and think nothing of. You are a wonderful mommy and how sweet to make a day of it. When Brooke gets car car age we need to do it again deal?

Auntie Steph said...

Love the silly girl and all her silliness ! And, the pic of Kellen on the trolley is just precious !

Dan Wyrick said...

I loved all of the silly pics of Makenna. The snail one reminded me of Sarah when she was little she liked to break off the snails shells. I liked the pics of Kellen on the trolly. Simple pleasures make for lasting memories!

The Perry family said...

That's my kind of outing! Simple, invovles shopping, food and ice cream!! You're such a fun mommy!