Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome Kellen!!

On Oct 4th at 1:09am, Kellen McKamey made his grand entrance into this world. He checked in at 8 lbs 9 0z and 22 in long. He is long and skinny right now....it's too cute....he has the most adorable little chicken legs.
My water broke while I was at home discussing dinner plans with Todd in the hallway on Friday evening. We got to the hospital around 7:20, they admitted us and put me on pitocin around 10:00. Active labor really kicked in a bit after 11:00. I finally broke down and got an epidural when I could no longer handle it. And, of course, right after they finished the epidural they checked me and I was 9 1/2 cm dilated and ready to start pushing. Two contractions of pushing and he was out! (Women in my family were just born to birth children)
We are all home now and doing great. Kellen is a happy, easy going little man. And of course the most handsome little boy around. He just makes my heart melt. He barely cries and is a Great eater.
Makenna is a very proud big sister! She is doing a great job with him. She loves to hold him and point out all his little body parts and give him kisses. She gets very concerned any time he cries, which is way cute.Todd is doing amazing. You see the love he has for his son just beaming off of him. He is great with Kellen and has been being wonderful to me.I am feeling very good. Tired, yes, but great! It feels great to be the mother of two and I love my little boy more than I could begin to express. It is amazing, once again, how much you can love someone....a love the comes from the core of your very being. It feels great to have a little son.

Now this is Love at first sight.

9 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Yes, you were definatly made to have children, you make it look so easy! I pray I am the same way as the rest of the girls!
He is so so so handsom! I love him to death and can't wait to see him more and more! I love holding a little itty bitty baby again!
So glad he is finally here, and Todd can rest knowing that he is not responsible for ugly children because HE IS SO HANDSOM!!!! You two mix well together.
Love you all you perfect little family of four!
WOW you have two kids, it is still crazy to me!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

You need to add the little guy to the stuff on the side.
I am so your big sis aren't I?? SORRY~!

The Perry family said...

Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I love the pictures and your little, but big, boy is cute cute! You guys look like you're loving it! Good luck with the no sleep thing, you always make it through, but good luck nonetheless! Love ya!!

Dacia said...

Congrats! He is beautiful and I'm just so happy for you that you have such a cute, happy little family!

Jessica said...

Little Kellen is SOO cute. He definitly looks like you and sarah, i don't know your husband so not sure if he looks like him at all. Sarah sent me a picture of kellen last night and right away i could see you in him :) i'm glad you got to go into labor naturally, (i was induced, which wasn't bad, but it's always good when things happen in their own time) and im guessing labor went pretty smoothly since you are home already! you look great in the pictures, so happy and proud :) CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

Anonymous said...

What a PROUD MAMA and DADDA!! CONGRATS to your HANDSOME LITTLE BOY!! ;) What a CUTIE!! I just have to say Sarah has been keeping me updated!! SO CUTE!! Can't wait to meet the little guy and to hang out again SOMETIME with you chickie!! GOOD JOB MAMA!! Hope you are doing well!!

The Picketts said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful! Lucky girl to have such a beautiful family! I hope you continue to feel great and that ALL of you get enough sleep! (those first few weeks are rough!) I also think he looks a lot like his cute big sister! I'm so happy for you!

The Hardy's said...

Congrats on Kellen! Sarah kept me updated the entire time. I am soo excited for you guys and he is such a handsome lil guy. I cant wait to meet him!

Dan Wyrick said...

Looking at all of the wonderful pics was somewhat of an emotional experience each picture tells it's own special story, truly a story of joy and happiness for the McKamey clan. Being a Papa is a joyful experience too. I just love playing with Makenna and now I have a grandson Oh Boy!!!