Friday, October 17, 2008

Two Wonderful Weeks!

Tomorrow Kellen is two weeks old. I can hardly believe it! In a lot of ways it feels like the time has flown by and I swear he was just born yesterday. In other ways it feels like he has always been here. I can't picture our family with out him. So here are just a couple of pics from the week. We have still been taking it pretty easy, though I have gone out a few times with the two kids alone, just to make sure I can handle it. Todd goes back to work on Monday and then it is back to real life. Yikes!! (Actually, I am really looking forward to resuming some sort of normal schedule)
Kellen continues to be a very good little baby boy. He is absolutely adorable and is happy to be hanging out. He is sleeping a bit more now. I am actually getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night, which I think is pretty good for a two week old. I can't complain. Makenna continues to do well. She is very sweet and loving with Kellen. She loves to help give him his binky when he needs it. My only complaint is that she is going through a phase right now where she loves to yell. Sometimes it is provoked by something, other times it is for no reason. It drives me a bit crazy and it is hard to know how to reprimand her for it. If I put her on time out every time she yelled at someone, she would be on time out all day. If anyone else has gone through this and has advice, feel free to share. Luckily Kellen sleeps through it without a problem. And I feel lucky that, given all the changes in Makenna's little life, this is the worst I am dealing with. She has really adjusted better than I could have asked for. She is a good little girl.Makenna picked out her own outfit for the first time. Not too bad if you ask me. The worst choice was the shoes....they are two sizes too small. But she insisted that she wanted to wear them and said they didn't hurt at all, so there you go. She was very proud of herself!

6 comments:

Dacia said...

There are those phases where it seems like they're on time out all the time. They eventually get it if you're consistent. Good luck with that one :)

The Picketts said...

He is such a cute baby! I love that he and Makenna have the same cute little button nose! What a beautiful family! LUCKY GIRL! Congrats again!

The Hardy's said...

Wow, Makenna seems sooo much older now, especially for the fact that she can now pick out her own outfit! So cute! And Kellen is growing up so fast! He is such a handsome little guy. I bet having two kids is just sooo wonderful! You guys sound so happy!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Love her outfit that she picked out by the way, and I was impressed too. It even matches!
Kellen is SO CUTE and seriously I think he looks SO MUCH like you! He is such a good baby boy and I just love him to pieces. Happy 2 weeks and I am so glad it has gone well. I love the pics of him you put up!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little dude!! ;) TOTALLY CUTE and 2 weeks have FLOWN by freakin FAST!! BEAUTIFUL KIDS!!

Patrick and Effie said...

that is so crazy that it has already been 2 weeks since you had him!! He is so CUTE! and you look so good! I think im going to start a new trend and wear elastic pants forever. I still can't get over how much he looks like you! His little outfit is so cute!