Sunday, July 20, 2008

Big Time Swimmer!

Todd and I decided that it would be a good idea to sign Makenna up for swimming lessons this year, seeing as we are in the pool almost 4 days a week. She has absolutely no fear of the water whatsoever. She never has. She will go straight for it, she will stick her face/head under the water, walk straight off the steps, she will even jump in from off my parents water fall which is a few feet high. I love that she is so fearless, but it is also a little scary. It would be good for her to learn some caution in the water. So we thought teaching her to swim would be a Very good idea.
We started swimming lessons a couple weeks ago. She loves go to the pool! She really enjoys her lesson and is getting better and better in the water every day. I wouldn't be surprised if she can swim short distances on her own by the end of the summer. She is a natural little fish.


2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love her face in this last picture here, she looks in so much peace in the water. She truly is fearless in the water or just fearless in every aspect! She is awesome and can't wait to swim with her again to see the progress she has made! YEAH KENNA!!!

Anonymous said...

YEA!! She looks like she is loving it!! :) I didn't put my girlies in...but HOPEFULLY SOON I can get in the water here...hope my scar HEALS ALL the way so I can get my girlies in the water without FLOATIES...they WILL learn this SUMMER...I WILL BEAT it into them!! JK!! HA!! K..I will shut it!