Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Banana Treat

This pregnancy has brought with it a few more cravings, or perhaps just more intense cravings than I experienced before.
One of the cravings I have been experiencing is for what I call the "Banana Treat." My mother used to make it for us as kids. It is basically a banana cut down the center, spread with peanut butter, and then m&m's on top. And it is amazing! Pregnant or not, it is something that must be tried.
For months now I have been having one of these treats at least 5 nights a week. It is just that good. It drives Todd a bit crazy watching me make it...he says it takes me too long, but I try to explain that making the perfect banana treat is an art and one that cannot be rushed :) He just hopes that he is around the day that I decide I am sick of it. I don't know if that day is coming soon...if ever.

4 comments:

The Perry family said...

I think I remember your mom making these. I don't think I ever tried it though...it doesn't sound too good at the moment, but maybe when I'm pregnant, especially since I love pb and j sanwiches then. It's good to have something that satisfies the cravings. No joke, once when I was prego, I ate a whole package of cookies by myself, before dinner time. Crazy pregnant ladies:) I think I might do a post on the blog...confessions of the impregnanted.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is such a yummy, yummy treat!!! I just love it and THANK YOU MOM for introducing us to it!!! I need to start making those too. I almost forgot about that treat! Thanks for the reminder!
As for Todd, has he tried it because you sure can't knock it till you try it!!! IT IS GOOD!!!
I love you in all these pictures, you are so cute all prego, you look great and the looks on your face are just classic!!! Especially the last one aimed at Todd!

Anonymous said...

Was just asking Sarah last night how you were doin?!! :) She said you were doing good...I LOVE bannanas and peanut butter...MMMM!! Wish I had some now! BUMMER..don't have them...LOOKING GOOD MAMA...Hope things are going good your way!! ;)

Dan Wyrick said...

That banana treat sounds great I'll have to try it. I like banana's too I especially like PBJ& banana sanwiches Yum Yum! You look great Amanda :O)