Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nightly Prayer

When I was a kid our family had a tradition of saying a family prayer every night. And after that prayer we would go around the room in a circle, saying something nice about the person sitting next to you. It is something I loved and so a couple years ago we started it in our home too. Pretty much since the beginning this cute boy has had one compliment he gives out Every Single Night to whomever he is sitting by. The amazing thing is, even though he says it every night, it still manages to sound sincere every time. It doesn't feel like he is just saying it out of repetition and laziness. He really, genuinely means it. He says "Mom, I like playing with you and when you smile it makes my heart inside feel happy and you are the best mom ever." (recently he sometimes says "best (blank) on earth") It makes me melt every time. 
Makenna also uses this is her very common compliment, though she mixes it up sometimes and will also add on a little something extra at the end. You can always tell she is trying got be thoughtful!
 Conner....his is almost always something about how much he loves cuddling and resting with a person. He might very well be the most affectionate boy Ever!

I just had to write it down....so I always remember.

No comments: