Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Wife's Dream Come True!

 Looking at these photos, I don't even know what to say. Honestly, this kitchen felt like a nightmare a majority of the time. Sure it will hold a small place in my heart being as it was the kitchen where I cooked my first meal for my husband, the kitchen I made midnight snacks in while pregnant with my children, the kitchen that was in the first home that has ever been my own. But beyond that I have to say Good Riddance!!! Ugly cabinets, ugly hardware, terrible drawers with the bottoms falling out. An old oven that had a thermostat with a mind of it's own. A electric range with slanted coils. I finally convinced Todd that if he wanted fancier meals he needed to give a kitchen that a real chef can work with :)



Todd and Pa pretty much had the kitchen completely demoed in about a day!
 Of course Kellen and Conner needed to get their hands on the tools and get in on the dirty work!
 While Todd was painting the kitchen he let each of the kids come in and paint their initials on the wall before the upper cabinets went in. The kids loved this and were all so proud of their own initial on the wall! Both Makenna and Kellen agreed that it was the very best part of the day getting to paint on the wall with Daddy.

 It has been really neat to watch my Dad build and install our kitchen. Yes, he has been doing this my whole life, but this is the first time I have really been able to see the process myself and watch him at work. It will be neat to have his "masterpiece" in our home.
Yes, it is still a work in progress but it is getting there. And as long as I keep my eye on the prize then I can handle it. It is going to be a dream come true when it is done!

No comments: