Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sugar and Spice

It looks like the McKamey household is going to start seeing a lot more pink around once again. Before getting pregnant I would have never expected it, but sure enough we are having a baby girl! Before we got pregnant I felt sure that our next child was going to be another boy. I just thought we had 3 boys coming our way. But then as soon as I looked at that positive pregnancy test, I got an immediate, very strong impression that this baby was going to be a girl. As time when by I got more and more excited about the prospect of having another girl and it started to become very hard to even imagine it being a boy. This made me nervous that I was getting too invested in the whole "girl" idea. But apparently that was not a fear I needed to be concerned about. 
We went to a 3D ultrasound clinic right at 14 weeks to find out the gender. We brought the kids with us so it could be a family affair. Makenna was hoping for a girl (partially because she wants bunk beds) and Kellen was rooting for a boy. Of course baby was not cooperating initially. Legs crossed or a hand covering just what we needed to see. But eventually the tech got a look and let us know we were expecting a baby girl!
Sweet baby Carys at 13 weeks. She always seems to have one hand up by her head.

Conner cracks me up. This totally happened unplanned as I was trying to take a belly pic with the timer on my camera. So cute! 

 This pregnancy has definitely been a different experience than my previous pregnancies. I went through a period of a couple of weeks where I was having migraines almost every other day or so. Thankfully they seem to have passed and not reared their head again. We just had our 20 week ultrasound. After a small scare where they told us there was something mildly abnormal found in the ultrasound (a choroid plexus cyst), we were eventually put in touch with my doctor and geneticist and have been reassured that our little girl is healthy and well and going to be totally fine. Even one day of worrying that there was something seriously wrong with the health of our baby was a very long and painful day. I count my blessings every moment and these days I am so incredibly grateful for the health of our precious daughter. 
 Baby girl parts. 2 girls and 2 boys now. Never knew we would get so lucky!
 Cute baby feet and toes at 20 weeks. I can already tell she is going to be adorable, even based on those toes alone! Love her! And I can't believe that we are already half way to having her in our arms!

No comments: