Friday, March 4, 2011

How Many is Too Many?

I feel like I take a ridiculous amount of pictures. And I am sure I do. I don't think I am as crazy as some people, but I know I have a lot. But really, when you have such cute subjects to shoot, how can you help yourself?

The other day the kids had the idea of putting Conner in the swing for the first time. So we got out the baby swing and plopped him in there and he loved it! (What baby doesn't love to swing though, right?) He looked so cute in his swing and Makenna was so happy to help push him. She kept reminding me that I was not allowed to push Conner too high and closely monitored me to make sure I was pushing him safely. What a good little mommy!

Kenna just loves having Conner by her all the time. And he is quite fond of her as well!
On Thursday I made cupcakes and frosting just for fun. The kids helped me make both and then after lunch I let the kids each have a cupcake and put their own frosting and sprinkles on themselves. Kellen was very anxious all morning for it to be "cupcake time". He kept climbing in his seat with his cupcake and just waiting there patiently and bored. He is such a little cutie. So when it was finally time to make cupcakes he was Thrilled!
In this picture you would think Auntie Rah Rah was more excited about the cupcakes than the kiddos. And hey, maybe she was?! Pregnant women get intense about their treats!
Kellen finally got to indulge! I gave each kid their own cup of sprinkles and bowl with some frosting to decorate the cupcake. Kellen tried once or twice to put frosting on the cake. I then helped him a little. But ultimately he developed a method of putting the knife in the frosting, then dipping it in the sprinkles and straight into his mouth. Who needs the cake? It's really just a vehicle for the frosting anyway, right?
Makenna was obviously the most mature one at the table. She carefully used all her frosting and spread it on her cupcake, poured on her sprinkles and ate it traditionally. It was almost sad to see this...it just means she is growing up....
I told you Makenna was the most mature one there! Love you sissy!
Brooke did a combo of all things. And you can certainly tell she is like her mother....same sort of face in her picture as her mommy! Brookie is growing up too!
Rah Rah and the kiddos (minus The Con) reading "I Love You Stinky Face". Totally cute book! Really makes me think of my kiddos. If you have never read it, go get it!

3 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I say you can never, ever, have too many memories captured on digital flim. I love this post with all these photo's and I love how you made me look like a sugar fanatic :) Cute pics, I can't wait to get my hands on the copies! Love spending time with your little bundles of joy and energy!

Auntie Steph said...

Love the swing pic, the cupcakes as well as great pics of your growing family. I don't think you can ever have too many pics !

The Perry family said...

never. there's never too many pictures! The more pictures I take of my kids I feel like I actually becomes engraved in my mind, and can you really have too many of those? never!
oh, and cupcakes....tasty and fun!