Saturday, February 26, 2011

First Wish


Last night we went out to dinner as a family. On our way back to the car we were passing by a fountain and I had some coins in my pocket. I asked Kenna and Kellen if they each wanted one to throw in the fountain and make a wish. Kellen just wanted to hold onto his coin....he had no idea why in the world anyone one would want to throw theirs in the water. Kenna was taking awhile and it was freezing outside so we were rushing her along. She paused for a moment, thought about something and then threw her coin in the water. She then came running to me and said "Mama, mama, do you know what I wished for?" Before I could tell her that you are not supposed to tell a wish, she went right on telling me.
"Mommy, I wished that we all could always be together."
She could have wished for a pony. She could have wished for new roller skates. She could have wished to go to Disneyland or that her brother would leave her doll house alone or that she would get a big bowl of ice cream at home. That is at least what I would have expected from a 4 year old wish maker.
She is a sweet girl with a huge heart. And she loves her family so much.
Moments like this make me feel like we must be doing something right as parents.
I'm glad she told me her wish. And I am so happy and blessed to say it is a wish I can guarantee her will come true!

5 comments:

The Picketts said...

That totally brings tears to my eyes. How incredibly sweet! What an amazing little girl you have :o) Way to go!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow, she is an amazing girl! Yes she is! Proud of you for raising such a wonderful little girl! Im glad she told you her wish as well!

Auntie Steph said...

Love it ! Soo Makenna !

Andrea said...

What a perfect memory to capture.

The Perry family said...

what a little sweetheart!