Saturday, February 26, 2011

Back to Life

I love the special days, the special events and "big" memories that are created. I love doing fun things, going fun places, having fun activities that stand out and that are out of the ordinary. But what I also love, even more that all of that, are all the moments in between. The regular, day to day occurrences. Those are the things, the moments that I really live for. I love every day life. Nothing quite beats it.
The other day I had to get up from the table to help Kellen with the potty. I had been in the middle of feeding Conner and when I came back, to my surprise, Makenna had picked up where I had left of and continued the job of feeding her brother. When I saw her she was so excited and so proud that she was feeding him and that he had actually eaten it from her and that she didn't even make a mess. It was so sweet. And hey, nice to know that I can call upon help in this department if needed. Of course now Makenna like to correct me on my feeding of the baby and tell me when I am going too fast or too slow. Silly girl.

Dress Up is back in our home once again in full force. It seemed to have been a forgotten past time for awhile. But the dress up chest was re-discovered. Makenna was quick to inform Kellen that there were no dresses for boys to wear. So he ran and got his Spiderman halloween costume, grabbed his special spiderman shoes and, somewhere, found this hat and got himself dressed up. Too cute.

Kellen is a silly boy. He gets attached to things and sort of obsesses on them for awhile. And then he forgets about them and moves onto something new. For 4 or 5 days his obsession was with this gift bag I got at a baby shower. He dragged it all over the house and even wanted it to be in his bed with him at nap time. I told him it couldn't be In his bed (I feel like we need to give him some sort of boundaries with his "obsessions") but that it could be By his bed. Once he had past out we found him like this. Poor kid! He just loved his bag. (It has already been forgotten now and was just put in the trash today!)
Rub-a-dub-dub....3 McKamey's in the tub!
My blue eyed babes.
Makenna loves giving Conner crazy hair in the bath. It is darn cute. And that kid does have a lot of hair going on (for a McKamey at least). I don't know that we will make it to 1 before requiring at least a simple hair cut.
Kellen and Peter and Makenna are buds. It is good to be having play dates for Kellen with boys now. He needs it. Even if Makenna and Peter end up playing as much, if not more than Kellen and Peter.
Such good brothers. Kellen, mostly, is so sweet and gentle with Conner. I love this picture bellow of them. Kellen was being so sweet and showing Conner how to use the toy. It was adorable.

Skater Girl continues to get a lot of good practice in. The girl can book it on these pathetic skates now. I am so impressed with her. She really needs an upgrade soon!
She's so flippin cute with her little thumbs up! Love her!
While Kenna skated and skated and skated, Kellen and I played with Conner and played some soccer for a bit. The rest of time he spent in the sticks looking for bugs, digging and doing whatever it is that boys do in the dirt and sticks. Silly boys.

3 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Beautiful shots!!! Love the every day hustle and bustle! I need to be like you and take pictures more of the uneventful moments! Those ARE some of the best memories!

Auntie Steph said...

Great pics !
Love that the kids have such a good time together :)

amber said...

love getting to watch your family grow, bond, smile and just have awesome time together, thanks for sharing. love you auntie amber