Friday, October 15, 2010

Brothers

I can't wait to see what this relationship develops into. I know that brothers have very different ways of bonding than sisters do, or than a sister and brother do. Although I have 4 brothers myself, I only grew up with one brother in the home with me, so it is not something that I have been very exposed to on a daily basis. So seeing two brothers together is a new thing for me. And I love it. I think that my boys are the cutest things in the world. I love them more than I can say and feel like such a lucky woman to have such handsome men and boys around me all the time.
I love the way that Kellen loves his brother. He loves him so much! He is so excited when he wakes up in the morning. He gets thrilled when he gets to hold his brother. I feel bad that so much of the time I am having to watch him closely around Conner and tell him to be careful and be soft and watch out for his eyes and not to smash him. The last thing he would ever want to do would be to hurt his brother, he just loves him so intensely in his 2 year old way. And really, I just think it is the cutest, sweetest thing (I just have to be mindful of Conner's safety as well :) ) And the most adorable part has been the way that Conner is starting to look at Kellen. When he hears Kellen's voice, he turns his head to look for him. When Kellen goes to him and talks to him and plays with him, Conner's face lights up instantly and he just smiles and coo's at him and gets so excited. It really is so fun to see their relationship beginning to develop and grow.
I know that a year or two from now I will be putting up posts about them beating each other up and rough housing and playing swords and crashing trucks and being boys. And though I am sure it will drive me a little nuts, right now I am just anticipating it with joy and excitement. I love my boys and am so happy they have each other.

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

Love the pics & glad they already have a great relationship....