Sunday, October 10, 2010

All Mine

Sometimes I think back to my life before I had my kids. I laugh because I used to think I was busy and had a lot to do. Ha!!! I had all the time in the world...and then some! I remember thinking that I knew so much. That I understood life pretty well. Ha again! What did I know?! I remember thinking I knew how much my mother loved me. I only had the slightest idea. You can't fully understand the love of a mother for her children until you are one yourself. I thought I knew what laughter and happiness in its fullest felt like. Completely Wrong. There is no greater happiness, no joy more pure than that experienced through being a parent.
My kids may keep me ridiculously busy. I may spend a large majority of the day cleaning up after them, playing referee, feeding, clothing, bathing, teaching, playing, etc with them. And at the end of the night when they go to bed and then I start My chores, I may be ridiculously worn out. I may not get pedicures as often as I like. I may not have time to leisurely read novels. But when my children smile, I smile. And when they laugh, I laugh. And the love and the happiness and fulfillment that I feel from them is unlike anything I ever imagined.
And let me tell you, there are a lot of smiles and a lot of laughter in our home. So naturally, I am feeling pretty darn amazing most of the time!!

See what I mean about the smiles and laughter....your explanation here is as good as mine.
Kellen boy, getting comfortable on his new wheels. Good form for a beginner.
When Brooke comes to my house now, all she wants to do is go in our backyard and swing. I think she is using me....
Apparently scooter riding is a serious thing for Makenna

I am so used to seeing rough and tough Kellen cruisin on this, it is strange to watch my cute, girly little niece ride around with a flower in her hair. She loves it though and has figured it out. It startles her a bit every time, but she loves it and looks so cute!
A little Auntie Lovin'
Brookie looking so darn big!
I seem to find Kellen like this fairly frequently these days after his nap. I don't know what he is doing with the chair. My sister suggested he may be trying to make a crib for himself? Could be. All I know is it makes him happy and make me laugh. Silly guy.
It has come fast, but Conner is at Bumbo age. He does great sitting in this and looks so silly and grown up in it!
He he :)
He is so big! And such a handsome devil if I may say so myself!
No lack of love in this home!
Kellen is a potty stud! He and the John have definitely developed a very honest, natural and friendly relationship. Kellen is now telling us when he has to use the potty and it has been Days since an accident (knock on wood). He is napping in undies and is dry about 75% of the time in the morning. He is doing great! And he looks so cute on the potty. The cuteness in this doesn't last forever, so I like to capture it while it's still there :)
Zoned out, staring at his crib mobile. Babies are funny!

The pic above is of Conner just a few days old in his swing. The one bellow was just taken the other day. Holy Cow, this kid has grown. Maybe I am just used to having giants now, because when I look at and hold Conner he doesn't feel that big to me. And then I see a pic like this and think dang, I've got a big boy! All the more to love and cuddle!

3 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Great pics ! You have such a great family !
Love the chairs by the bed !
Looks like Conner is going to give Kellen a run for his money :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I want to copy the whole beginning of this post and put it somewhere. SO TRUE!!!! I totally feel you there!!! LOVE all these pictures and LOVE all the Blog time Brookie got :) You gotta send me these via e mail :) Daddy is SO proud to have a little quad rider :) I LOVE YOUR GIANT KIDS!

amber said...

you have a great family and super looking kids. you have it right that there is no love like that of a mother for her children, no matter how old they are. it is such a pleasure to see the woman you've grown into. i love you!!! auntie amber