Monday, March 8, 2010

Updates

I know I am being a little bit of a slacker. It just feels like there are always 5 million things to stay on top of. Parenting, housekeeping, blogging, emailing, scrapbooking, 3 kids journals....and sadly I am pretty much behind on all of them...but I keep trying and that is what matters, right???
Anyway, here are your updates....

This was taken a week ago. I can't believe I am already almost half way there. I feel like I am as big now as I was at 25 weeks with Makenna and Kellen, but I guess that is what happens when everything stretches out and you are on baby #3

I know I am being a little bit of a slacker. It just feels like there are always 5 million things to stay on top of. Parenting, housekeeping, blogging, emailing, scrapbooking, 3 kids journals....and sadly I am pretty much behind on all of them...but I keep trying and that is what matters, right???
Anyway, here are your updates....

Rah Rah and baby Brooke were over to play the other day. The kiddos all have so much fun together, especially as Brooke gets older and can do more with my loud, crazy children! Makenna really just adores her and Kellen thinks babies are so great right now, so he soaks it up too!
My little hula girl. Todd and I got this for Makenna when we were on our honeymoon in Hawaii. She finally fits into it. It was a bit of a process getting it on her, she smiled for two pictures and then had a total meltdown because she felt too shy in it and wanted to rip it all off. But at least I got one really cute picture!
Kenna is in love with flashlights, so I had to get her her own little kid one to keep her from trying to climb the shelves in the closet to reach the Mag light. Silly girl!
The munchkins playing Don't Break the Ice. When you play alone with Makenna she does a really good job being careful and trying her best to win and not break it all. When she and Kellen play together it is just madness and destruction. I guess that is the energy that little boys bring!
Kenna and Kellen arguing together. I just wanted to capture it, but when I took this picture it made her Really upset with me (it was actually quite funny....do I sound evil??)

Makenna loves to pretend to ice skate on the tile wearing socks....silly girl. Here she is trying to get Kellen in on the action. He was loving it!



Kellen's 17 Month Update:

I feel like it has been a little while since I gave a good update about Kellen on here. He is still at that age where he is changing, growing, discovering and learning soooo much. It is such a fun and challenging age all at once.
Kellen has certainly reached that mischievous, toddler age. He loves getting into trouble and I believe he finds it more entertaining and funny than just about anything else. He loves to get into my junk drawer and pull everything out of it. And I try to move the stuff so he can't get it, but isn't that what a junk drawer is for? To put junk in that doesn't have anywhere else in your house to go? He loves to turn light off and pull on the window blinds. He is a climber and is always getting into trouble or hurting himself by trying to climb. He loves to take toys and hit the water dispenser on the fridge and make is spill water everywhere and I am bad at remembering to lock it all the time. He is just into one thing after another all day long. Silly boy.
He continues to be such a good talker. He says more words then I can count at this point and does a really good job communicating what he wants. He talks ALL the time. I swear there is constant noise coming out of that child. He loves to dance and really loves his dance parties with his sister. He is in love with using spoons and forks. He wants a spoon with ANYTHING that he eats. The more spoons the better for him. Even if what he is eating does not require a utensil, he wants one anyway. I shouldn't say want...he demands one! He loves to play outside and try to find as many rocks and sticks as he can. He loves to climb on Makenna's tricycle and push himself around on his feet. He is in love, and I mean IN LOVE with the Trolley! He calls the Trolley a "car-car" and looks for them everywhere we drive and yells with glee when he sees one. One of his favorite words right now is "Whoa!" and he says it all the time. It is totally cute! He is still a total Mama's boy....he certainly knows how to make me feel loved and needed, that is for sure! But he is getting better and better at not having such bad separation anxiety which is a big relief. Most of the time I can leave without him crying and having a meltdown.
Kellen still loves his blanky which he calls his "B" and is enjoying his last week with his binky or what he refers to as his "Ba". Kellen loves his Ba and only really uses it when he is sleeping. But it is time for it to go. I would have originally let him have it a bit longer, but I want him off it and to have forgotten about it long before the baby gets here. Otherwise I feel like it would be Very hard to take his away and have him watch his little brother suck on one all the time. Plus, I feel like the sooner I take it away the easier it will be for him to give it up. So on Monday we are going to start "snipping" the binky and soon enough it will be a thing of the past. Wish us luck!
I have no idea how tall Kellen is....he is way too wiggly to try and measure. He is wearing size 2t right now and fits it good. He weighs about 28lbs and really hasn't gained more than half a pound in the last 6 months. He is really getting taller and slimming out. He is no the rolly polly baby he once was. He is still a big boy, and quite heavy! But it is cute to see him getting taller and thinner. Such a big boy! We love you Kellen!
Kellen with his utensils :)

My big boy being silly and handsome! I just love those big brown eyes of his!!

Our little stud muffin, trying his best to ride that bike!

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Kellen is a total stud and I swear the kid is getting cuter and cuter the older he gets. He totally has thinned out and is SO TALL!! I love his outfit with his button up shirt!
All the pictures of the kids playing are super cute, I acutally LOVE the one that Makenna is ticked off in, HAHAHA..., the ice skating pics are super cute too!
Love those kids!@

Auntie Steph said...

Love the Hawaiian outfit ! And, Kellen is such a little man ! He looks like he's getting so big !
Also love your belly !

amber said...

thanks for finally posting a pic of the belly,you look so cute. love how you can capture their personalities on film, the good, bad and challenging, it's who they really are. love her outfit, another one for the future "dates" to see, hehehe. love you auntie amber

Dan Wyrick said...

Kellen looks like a little low rider on his bike. Kellen is soooo handsome a little stud muffin :O)