Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Good Reason to be Having Another Boy!


Kellen is 100% boy...there is no doubt about it. He loves cars and trucks and balls and rocks and sticks and mud in ways that his Sissy never cared for. But hey, he has a sister that he sees playing dress up All the time and heck, it looks like fun to him too. He will occasionally try and get in on the dress up action, which Makenna is always thrilled about. Whenever she does get a dress on him it only lasts for a minute at most and then he is trying to rip it off. I guess he is curios enough to try and then the testosterone kicks in and he knows to get himself away quickly :) On this particular day Kenna was getting into her favorite red dress and I could tell Kellen was interested himself. I left the room for a few minutes and Kenna had him completely undressed and was trying her best to get this little pixie dress on him. So, much to Makenna and Kellen's excitement (and much to Todd's disapproval) I helped her finish the job and quickly ran and grabbed my camera to snap a few shots before he started tearing it off. They just looked too cute together! Todd does not get this at all and tried to ban me from posting it on the blog. But he never had any sisters so I can't blame him for not understanding. I tired telling him that any man that grew up with sisters most likely had the same thing done to him at some point or another. I have wonderful blackmail pictures of my little brother dressed way worse than this! (sorry Dave!) So Todd is learning to deal with it, but we are both grateful to be having another little boy coming along. I guarantee even he will end up in Princess clothes at some point in his life, but at least is should add a little more testosterone to the scene and Kellen can have someone to crash trucks with :) Until then, it's dress up time!

9 comments:

The Picketts said...

Did you see my Christmas blogs? Gracie has boy cousins - and after several days of her HAVING to be a dinosaur, or play cars, or do boy things - we brought her dress up clothes in (including earrings) and they played dress up! They LOVED it (and their daddy's did not). ha ha ha! SO CUTE!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

These pictures are the best!!! The first one I LOVE how he is standing! It is totally true that any little boy that has a big sis is going to end up being dressed up at some point. Well at least if the sisters are anything like you, Makenna and I :) Way to get it out of your system now Kellen so that you are not interested in dresses as an adult! I as well am excited that you are having another boy, it will balance the family out from the whole family of girls I am going to end up having :)

The Hardy's said...

I love these pictures! It reminds me of when I was little and used to dress Ricky up! Little brothers are always such good sports at doing things like that to make their bigger sister happy! And you look great! I can't believe you are almost HALF WAY there!!!! It really is flying by!

Jessica said...

haha poor kellen, looks like he's having fun though. Tell todd my husband would be saying the same exact thing! Those are definetly ones to show the first girl he brings home ;)

Auntie Steph said...

Absolutely love the pics ! Kellen is adorable in the dress, even though Todd and your Dad certainly feel otherwise !

amber said...

tell todd that it's part of growing up, you have to have those pics to blackmail with so you have something to hold over his head. it is cute to see he'd be an adhorable girl too but much more handsome as a boy. love seeing you guys enjoy these times, they are the best!! love auntie amber

The Perry family said...

congrats on another boy!!! I've missed so much on your blog. but hopefully I'm back in the blogging world.

C Knoop said...

This is a great picture! It is very similar to one that we have of Seth and Cali. Fun times and great photos to bring out on prom night. You are a great mom for letting your kids be who they are right now. love ya!

Dan Wyrick said...

Oh my.....looks like we have a little cross dresser in the family and he looks soooo great in red.
Aren't kids imagination great?
Love it! Luv PaPa