Monday, March 2, 2009

A Vertical View....and other things

On the top of the exciting charts for the week is Mr. Kellen Boy's newest accomplishment. He has gone from staring at the ceiling to sitting up and, well, looking at a his toes a lot. Kellen started sitting alone the end of last week. At first it was a really bad impression of sitting alone, but he is getting better and more straight up every day. He is really getting the hang of balancing on that cushy behind and seems to love it.
He is also a rolling machine all of the sudden. Up until today he had probably only rolled 10 times or so. But today something just clicked and he now has it figured out. The kid probably rolled 30+ times today. He is only going from his back to his belly right now, but he seems to really want to be on his belly. It is so cute to see him doing these new things. And Makenna gets really excited over it all. But I also had my mommy moment today of "Oh, my baby boy is growing up so fast." :( He is going to be 5 months old in a couple of days. It just seems crazy to think that he will be crawling soon. It happens in a flash.
So here are a few pics of the little man doing his new trick. And then a few more random pics from the week for everyone to enjoy.
This is him the first night he was sitting....sort of the leaned over look. But he's doing it! And he is already so much better!Makenna trying so hard to pose and be a good girl Fun times when Daddy gets home
When we go to the park these days Makenna would gladly stay on the swing the entire time. She could swing for HOURS! I swear! It probably shouldn't bug me, and if it makes her happy to swing I should just push her for as long as she wants until we have to leave. But it makes me crazy. We are at the park to burn energy. There are slides and things to climb and jump of and hang on....go run! Don't just sit there! But she is cute doing it...sigh...
It never stops... My babies love their auntie! And we can't wait to see little Brooke whose cookin' away in that cute little belly.

4 comments:

The Picketts said...

I love your cute little family! And I can't even believe Kellen is that old already! I feel like you JUST had him! ha ha ha!
AND I love that pic of Sarah! It totally shows off that cute baby bump - we need more pictures of her like that! :o)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

My goodness I LOOK LIKE A COW!!!! NASTY!!!!
Moving on so I do not start crying!
Kellen YEAH!!!! I am so proud of you for your new found interests and new big boy things to be doing!
Makenna, all the faces, I LOVE!!! You totally crack me up kid! Can't wait to see you guys again, I am sure I will look fatter in the face next time I see you but I know you will love me all the same :) It is all worth it for little Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Oh my CUTENESS!! That boy is STINKING CUTE! That's exciting he is sitting up now! Tori hasn't crawled YET?! But she is getting around...and I MEAN GETTIN AROUND! HA!! She is scootin..it's cute!

The Perry family said...

I know it said over and over, but they grow up too fast....at the same time, thank goodness! McKenna cracks me up. I feel like I know that little girl through all the pictures, she's too funny!