Monday, June 23, 2008

Happenings

Here are a few pics of how Makenna and I have been spending our days lately.We got a Sea World season pass recently, and she and I both love going to there. They just re-opened the children's play area, and Makenna was content to hang out in the area where the small kids could run and jump around the whole time. The kid loves, and I mean LOVES to jump ("jumpy, jumpy" as she would say).

Makenna has taken a liking to putting on Daddy's shoes and walking around the house in them. It looks absolutely adorable, since his shoes are HUGE on her. It's even better when she gets them on the wrong feet. Already walking in her Daddy's footsteps. Also, one of Makenna's favorite sayings right now is "YAY DADA!" I don't know what got her saying it, but she says it all the time, whether or not he is around. It is too cute.
If you are looking for a cheap way to entertain a kid on a hot day without going to the pool, just give them a bucket of water in the back yard with some plastic cups. It kept Makenna entertained for about an hour until I brought her in for a nap. It has been about 100 degrees all week here, and every time we go outside Makenna says "really, really hot". And boy is she right!

3 comments:

Dacia said...

Love the bucket!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I totally love that you thought of giving her a bucket of water. I really do not think I would have even thought of that. Im glad to know that since it is so way hot here! I think I might just put a bucket of water outside with Echo and see if it can entertain him for an hour. I sure don't think so?
I also love Makenna's "Yeah Dadda" it is so funny!

Patrick and Effie said...

she is so cute! i love that she wears todds shoes around ha ha!