Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cravings!

They say that pregnancy cravings are intense....and let me tell you, they are!!
If you have never had Cafe Rio, then I am sorry. We are hoping and praying that they open one in San Diego some day. If you have had it, then that should mean you understand how AMAZING it is!! Mix Cafe Rio's deliciousness with 5+ years of not having eaten it and through in pregnancy, and you get one CRAZY INTENSE craving! (Seriously, I wanted Cafe Rio so bad that I would get teary eyed thinking about it...no joke)
So, Todd had this week off of work. And we decided that it would be a good way to spend a day driving to and from Vegas (the closest Cafe Rio location to San Diego). At first it seemed like a joke, but we really did it. Sarah and David (my brother and sister) went with us too. They were good entertainment for Makenna and share in the Cafe Rio passion.
We got up there around noon, had lunch, walked down the strip for a few hours, went back to Cafe Rio for dinner and then brought home burritos to eat the next day. It was everything I dreamt it would be!
It was quite hot walking through Vegas when it was 108 degrees, but it was well worth it! I think Kellen appreciated it too....he kicked like crazy after each meal! That's my boy!
Makenna loved her Cafe Rio too! My kids sure know how to make me proud!
Isn't my man amazing for driving his pregnant wife all the way to Vegas to satisfy her?!!





3 comments:

The Hardy's said...

wow! that must have been an INTENSE craving to drive to vegas! thats awesome you guys really did it!
you look amazing too!

The Perry family said...

Way to go Todd! And Amanda, I'm so happy for you! In July, when we're in Provo, I think I might stop by there too. Matthew's not really a big fan, but he said he'll try it again. We're excited about Gandolfo's!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Sis that was so stinkin fun and yeah we are crazy but I sure love it. I am still impressed at how well Little Miss Makenna did on that long trip!
I seriously had a blast!!! I want more right now! Heheheeheee!!!
We are so cool!