Saturday, April 12, 2014

The October Wars

Halloween!! It has definitely become one of my favorite holidays. It is SUCH a fun one with little kids. And this year I think the costumes they all chose fit them Soooo perfectly. First my little leprechaun. For a kid that lives from one holiday to the next, this could not have been more perfect for him. He was so excited about carrying around his pot of gold with him (though he wanted to carry a rainbow too, which I told him was going to be a bit too much). As soon as we got the pot in the mail he went through his room and found every yellow or gold colored toy/block/clothing he had and filled his pot with it. That kids makes me smile so much! Such a creative kid. Love the way he thinks.
The Con. This kid is the ham of all hams! And I love it! 
I was fully expecting Conner to want to be a superhero or power ranger or something along those lines for halloween. I even bought him a power ranger costume when I first saw them on sale without cleaning it with him because I figured "of course he wants to be a power ranger!" And then we were at Costco and walked past this costume and the boy practically flew out of his seat with excitement about it. I asked him probably 10 times if he was sure he wanted to be a swat officer. Well, this look right here can speak for itself! What a good looking officer!
P.S. In the end (on halloween night) he did end up wearing a superhero costume. So see....I do know my boy! 
And then there is this beauty! Cute as a bug! This is the costume Makenna wore when she was Carys' age for Halloween. It has always been one of my favorite Halloween costumes we had and I was so excited to get to use it again. And it also just suites her so perfectly. Sweet, cute and spunky. Such a perfect little lady...bug!
Well, my sweet Makenna always knows Exactly what she wants to be. And she always has the costume imagined perfectly in her mind, so the challenge becomes finding something (or grammy making something) that lives up to what she is imagining it being. This year she wanted to be a jaguar. And we were lucky enough to find the perfect costume for her. Grammy did have to make a slight modification and add a loop on the back for us to attach her tail (the tail after all was her favorite part of the costume). She looked great! Very Makenna-ish. The funnies part was that people kept calling her a cat and it was making her so annoyed, ha ha! "I am a JAGUAR, NOT a Cat!"

I think that the ward halloween party is one of the things I remember vividly from my childhood memories. Probably the reason that taking my kiddos to our ward party is always one of my favorite things to do!

Makenna and Kara. BFF's!


No comments: