Friday, November 1, 2013

S.U.M.M.E.R.

 You know school is out when your weekly trips to target end up looking like this. There are times when we get through to store and back into the car and it feels like I just ran a marathon. I figure this is just the lords way of blessing me with the opportunity to work out since finding time to exercise is a joke!
 We spend hours and hours in our backyard. And I just love the summers and the way it stays bright so late and that we can completely loose track of bedtime because we are swinging and playing and having so much fun.
 2 chocolates and one vanilla.
 Makenna's good friend Katie came in town and was able to spend a couple of days hanging out with us. Those two girls are so great together. Makes me sad that they moved so far away.
 Watermelon. More or less the only thing my kids want to snack on all summer. There is either a cut up watermelon or cantaloupe in the fridge at all time. Summer fruits are the best!
 Working those hands and knees at the same time!!
 Went up to the wild animal park for the day. It is not often we go here instead of the zoo, but I decided it would be a good change of pace and a fun thing to do. So we drove up there and the kids were having a blast. They were super well behaved, we were taking our time, enjoying the sights, stopping to play on everything we passed. Then all of the sudden, about an hour and a half into it, Conner starts to cry. His shoes had rubbed blisters on each of his feet. So JUST as we were getting to the Lorakeets that you get to feed (the highlight of the trip for us every time) we had to turn around and walk all the way to the entrance of the park to get band aids at first aid. So we band aid up and turn around and head back to the birds. We do the bird thing, and then within 10 minutes these crummy band aids totally start falling off. Conner is a mess and is in total melt down mode. The band aids keep pulling backward and he keeps trying to put them back on. It is hot and sweaty. Carys is hungry (needs to nurse) and tired. So we stop at the playground. I send the kids off to play and try to sit and nurse the baby. But the toys are hot and burning everyone. Conner keeps crying about his blisters and I have to try and help him re-adhere his band aids one handed while trying to nurse baby (without exposing myself to everyone) at the same time. It was complete and utter chaos. What started as the best wild animal park trip ever quickly went south. I did have many people come up to me and tell me how brave and amazing I was for coming to a place like this with 4 little kids all on my own. I just laughed and thought "Probably stupid, not brave." Eventually baby passed out while nursing, I put con in the stroller, carys in the baby carrier and pushed the stroller out of that park as fast as we could roll. It will be awhile before we are back there on our own....


 Makenna is going through a real bat loving stage. Actually, she loves everything that has wings.
 Makenna's idea of heaven. The bird were trying to take her pony tail holder out of here hair and makenna thought it was the funniest thing ever. She said it felt like they were making a nest on her head!
 Kellen boy...excited and nervous all at once. Loved holding the birds...at a distance.
 The con...
 When Makenna and Kellen were babies I would have thought bad things about a mom giving a push up to here 8 month old baby. Now that this is baby #4 I have a whole new perspective on the things that are really worth stressing about and those that don't matter as much as I once thought. She loved her push up!!!
 Who doesn't love a nice summer hairstyle? Daddy did a great job giving Kellen's hair it's first buzz. Thought the initial change in look was strange to adjust to, I actually think I like his hair more like this now. Especially since he hated to let me brush it when it was longer, so it always just looked silly. 

No comments: