Thursday, September 20, 2012

Play Soccer!

I don't know who is more excited that Makenna is playing soccer....me or her?? Actually, I am happy to say it is probably her. She was so excited when we first talked about signing up for soccer this year. I was honestly a bit shocked that she chose soccer over dance or gymnastics. Though I believe hands down that soccer is more suited to her energy level and likes, she is a sucker for flipping on bars and does love a cute tutu. But I was glad to see her go the sports route. She loved going out and buying her shoes with coordinating ball and shin guards. And I have to say, I do think she looks quiet adorable in her soccer practice clothes.
Soccer practice has been fun for everyone. Kenna enjoys going to practice every week and the boys have been really great at cooperating and entertaining themselves at the park while we wait for practice to be done.

Makenna's first game went wonderful! She was so excited to play and not nervous at all. She was out there and was scrappy and enthusiastic the whole game! She even scored the second goal of the game and her team won 4-0. It so much fun watching her play and was a lot of fun seeing her smile and excitement and how proud she was and what a great job she did. Makenna has some good natural instincts. I am constantly impressed at her ability to anticipate where to be at just the right time. When the other team has the ball the natural instinct of most of the girls is to just chase the person with the ball. Not Makenna. She takes off down the field, ahead of the girl and then turns around, cuts her off and steals the ball. All she needs now is to get better at her own coordination with the ball and then that girl will dominate the field...in a 6 year old sort of way of course :)


So adorable! Makes my heart smile.


Kellen was right there with me through the game cheering Makenna on and was very proud of her after the game. It was cute to see the two of them so happy and excited together. Love them and their cute friendship they have with each other. 

1 comment:

amber said...

soccer was never one of my favorites but all 5 of my kids played so i guess it's just something we do. looks like you guys all enjoyed it