Monday, August 13, 2012

 It seems like these days finding and having quality one on one time with each of my kids gets more and more difficult to achieve. But every once in awhile we get the chance to go on Daddy or Mommy dates alone with one of the kids. This summer I tried to snag the chance to get a babysitter during the day and go on a date with Kellen and one with Makenna. Kellen wanted us to go to lunch at Fuddruckers and then go bowling. So that is exactly what we did. It was great to just be with him at lunch, to play some games and chat and eat our food. And we had a great time bowling together. He was very encouraging and cheered me along, as I did the same for him :) He was quite the bowler! 
 Such a cutie! Those eyes and that smile just completely melt my heart!
 One of my favorite things about being alone with Kellen is that when it is just he and I he is always Soooo affectionate! He is usually a pretty affectionate kid, but when we are one on one it is even more magnified. He will hold me hang Any time we are walking together, will open doors for me, put his hand on my leg while we sit next to each other. It is the sweetest thing ever. He is going to spoil his wife! For now, I will soak up every ounce of it I receive! 

 We were lucky enough to land some Really good seats to a Padre game in July. The kids had a really good time going to watch the game. It is hard to say what was more exciting for them....seeing the Padre mascot running around or watching the vendors walking around selling peanuts and cracker jacks. At this age the actual game was definitely just a side note for them. But we had fun and they did learn a bit about the sport.
 Charming, I know!
 Amazing Seats!
 A little walk over to pinkberry for some yogurt after we left the game. I love this picture of Kellen!
 Makenna and I also got a date in this summer. We decided to go see a movie together. It was the first time I ever went with her to a movie on 'the big screen'. We decided to go see Brave. We went to the mall, walked around a bit, had a pretzel together, filled my bag with candy and got some popcorn and got a good seat for the movie. Unfortunately, the movie was a pretty intense one. Apparently when I ask other parents if a movie is scary or not, they do not understand what qualifies for "scary" for my daughter. We Barely made it through the movie. And sadly, the minute we walked out of the theater poor Makenna burst into tears. But despite the tears I do believe we had a good time and she has given a good review of the movie and our date to anyone that has asked about it. I just enjoyed some time being alone with my girl and getting to have big girl conversation with her and cuddle in the theater. 
 I love this boy, I love his silliness, and I love his hair!
 The kiddos getting ready to makes smores on the 4th of July!
This year instead of watching the fireworks from Grammy and Pa's backyard we decided to go to see them up close. We got a great spot over at one of the local high schools and were close enough to the fireworks to really enjoy them big in the sky and hear the boom! The kids had a blast and really seemed to enjoy it, as did I! I am thinking this is something we will be doing every year from now on. I love our growing, happy family! They are just too much fun!

No comments: