Sunday, March 4, 2012

...One of those nice moments....

This afternoon was really good for Makenna and I just wanted to record down a couple of things before I forgot them.....These few moments that, as a parent, let you know you are doing something right and what you are trying so hard to teach Is sinking in...

Makenna and Kellen were outside playing. Kellen hurt his foot trying to climb on top of the dog house. Makenna walks him over to the table and sits him down and says "Kellen, do you know what I do when I get hurt? I pray to God and tell him I am hurt so that he will help me feel better."

Later that evening we were cleaning up the toys before leaving Grammy's house. Makenna was very obviously going above and beyond and having a big smile while cleaning. I told her thank you so much for being such a good helper and working so hard at cleaning up. She then says "Mom, do you know why I am cleaning and helping you so much?" I asked her why. She says "Because I am trying to be like Jesus. I know that makes him happy and you happy, right mom?"

Love her. Love the Lord. Love seeing my children love the Lord!

No comments: