Sunday, January 8, 2012

More Festivities

One of my favorite days during the Christmas season is when my mom, my sis and I all get together and do our baking. It takes up the whole day, and honestly by the end of it I am so overwhelmed with sugar that the thought of another Christmas treat/cookie makes me a bit sick (which actually comes very much in handy when trying to stay away from putting on too many of those extra Christmas lbs). But it is so much fun and one of the best ways to spend a whole day. This year we got smarter and had the Daddy's stay with the little kids to make our baking more timely and efficient. The older 2 both took turns coming over and helping with some baking which was fun and much more controlled than years past.
Please note Santa in Kellen's apron pocket.....he was a good kitchen helper as well!
Mama and her girl! Just love her to pieces, even if she is looking way too grown up for my liking! And aren't our Santa Ginger Snaps adorable? She was actually a really good helper with these.

My other 2 favorite ladies
Baby Kipper was also invited to join in the baking. We figure any child that still requires milk from the source is entitled to participate in the baking. Maybe what we are actually saying is we are excluding all children that are 1 or 2 years old. It's just not an age that is conducive to productive baking...sorry Brooke and Con

By the end of baking all 3 of us are a bit delirious!
Amongst the holiday festivities we also celebrate Big Pa's 50th Birthday! He was a great sport about turning 50 and (don't tell him I said this) looks pretty good for a 50 year old. We had a good time reminiscing and telling stories and sharing memories about Pa. Everyone had a good laugh, including my Dad who received a bit of an impromptu roasting.
Show me a lady luckier than this!

No comments: