Monday, January 23, 2012

Like Weeds

I swear my kids have all been going through crazy growth spurts right now (especially Kellen, but all of them have!) A friend of mine commented the other day that she always feels like her kids make a big change right after the new year. And right now I am feeling like I agree with her. I feel like my baby is totally becoming a toddler, my toddler is becoming a little boy and my little girl is become a kid....I'm too young for this still, right?
Conner Con. The little baby love as Makenna so often likes to call him. I feel like his maturity is starting to catch up with his physical abilities and I am finally getting a bit of a grasp on him again. He certainly is my funny man that keeps me on my toes, but also makes me laugh more times in a day than I can count!
Oh Kellen, sweet Kellen and his many, many babies. This boy takes such good care of his babies. He LOVES to arrange them on his bed and pretend to put them down for a nap, then line them up in his room, or put them in a circle. Some days he puts them all on the couch or under the desk. I swear he loves and cares for them all so well. As you can see in the picture, Santa still dominates the babies though. He told me tonight "Mom, some of my babies are getting kind of old. But I love all my babies, even when they get old and don't look so cute. Right?" Love him!

A few weeks ago Makenna and I got to go on a much needed mommy/daughter date. She is definitely my kiddo that I get the least one on one time with these days. It was so fun to spend time just the two of us, get to focus totally on her and enjoy our time together. She is such a big girl. We can have such fun, cute conversations together. She is growing into a little lady and just makes me smile seeing her face every day.

Makenna, like Kellen, is a child after my own heart. She LOVES stuffed animals. That is really the toy she plays with most of all. She always has a favorite, but the favorite rotates on a fairly regular basis. Here are a few of the fav's listed by name: Deery, Dalmationy, baby simba, Simba, Nala, Otter, Racoony, Pony, Dragony. As a kid stuffed animals took up more of my bed than I even occupied, so it sort of makes me smile and makes me a bit of a sucker for them too.
For some reason Conner always makes me think of Makenna when he is out of the bath and all wrapped up like this. But just look at those cheeks! Goodness!
I'm going to be very sad when my kids get old enough that the zoo starts becoming less exciting for them. I love that we go all the time and always have a blast!

Isn't this how everyone makes breakfast in the morning?

siblings?
Makenna often says she wants brown hair....what do you think?
Like mother like daughter

No comments: