Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moms Main Man

I love my little Bud Bud! I think Kellen is always going to be my little mama's boy. And I have to say I love it! He just brings such big smiles to my face, how sweet and loving and cuddling he is and the way he looks at me, smiles at me. The boy just melts my heart. Just the other day I was out at lunch with the boys while Kenna was at school (which we will be posting about soon!) and even though it was just he and I sitting at the table with Con in his high chair he still wanted us to sit on the same side of the booth. And then while we ate our sandwiches he kept his right hand on my leg pretty much the entire time. Once I had to get up to grab Conner's water that he had dropped and as soon as I sat back down he slid all the way over to me again and put his hand right back. What a little lover!
Kellen and Makenna are at the age of loving to mix their ice cream up until it is smooth and melty and delicious. I can't blame them....I loved it that way as a kid and still love it like that today. These pics crack me up though. I guess this is what Kellen may look like in another 14 years when he is trying hard to grow a mustache :)

Now that's some passionate ice cream eating!
We are finally passed (most of the time at least) the stage of not wanting to look at the camera. Instead I now get the totally cheesey, big smile, which frankly I love. I know it looks forced, but it is cute as can be anyway.
This boy is a snacker! Seriously, the kid wants to snack all day long. I think he would rather sit and eat snacks than do just about anything. And he has ALWAYS been this way, since the time he was old enough to have snacks. It was tempting him with snacks that finally got him crawling at 10 months, otherwise he would most likely be rolling around and army crawling to this day. He's a skinny boy though...far from chubby or overweight. And we keep his snacks healthy. He's just a silly boy with a love for food. I tell ya, he's a little chef in the making!
Dress up with Hanna Knoop. The mouse and the princess....it's a good sounding fairy tale, right?
Kellen and Conner getting into everything already. These two boys are such a contrast with one another. Very different looks, very different personalities. Both adorable, cute and funny. I actually think they will compliment each other well, and I do see them being quite a pair together. They both looked so big and cute together here. Love the little brothers!
Kellen loves to give. He is even willing to share his precious snacks with is fellow action figures and friends. This just made me smile.
And then there's the Makenna/Kellen tag team. These two are something else together. Sometimes they get along Wonderfully! They can spend an hour playing nicely together in the room, having fun, laughing, sharing, being good. Other times they will tease and torment one another relentlessly. Some days Makenna is Very mothering of Kellen and is happy to be his mentor and example and be a huge help with him. Other days the two of them feed off of each other so much, get all wound up and wild together and get into endless trouble. One thing is for sure though, Makenna does bring out the silly side of Kellen. I love this about their relationship, even when it does cause me grief here and there. They are good for each other and will always have a strong bond.

No comments: