Monday, September 20, 2010

Oh Kellen!!!

It seems like lately Kellen has fallen a bit out of the spotlight. Lots of other people have been having birthdays or special events...like being born :) And I just feel like Kellen hasn't been the main subject for awhile. So bud bud, this post is all for you!
Kellen does have a lot going on for himself these days. He has really transitioned into a new phase for himself. Some of it is nice...some of it is not.
I don't know if his personality changes are due to all the excitement and change around the house and coping with a new baby brother. Maybe it's just because he is almost 2 and he feels he should behave as expected of a 2 year old. Maybe he is just taking upon him that "Boy" attitude that all my friends who are mothers of boys have warned me about. All I know is that my sweet little boy has now turned into my sweet, feisty boy. He is a total whirlwind these days. He is into everything! And I mean Everything. He loves to make messes of things. I believe that there is actually order to it in his mind, because he gets upset if you come and move things around. But to me it just looks messy. He is picking on his sister a lot these days. At first it was sort of funny in a karma sort of way. It was strange seeing Makenna on the other end of the teasing and abuse. But now it has just gotten a bit frustrating. But even when Kellen is being wild and crazy, he somehow does it with an air of sweetness. You can tell he is not mean or a bully or wanting to make you upset by him not listening. I think he is just enjoying his new power and vigor and he really just finds himself quite amusing. He's just a crazy kid!
But he has also had a lot of success lately. He is now in a toddler bed and has been for 2 weeks. The transition was actually quite a breeze and mostly uneventful. He has taken to it really well. He stays in there really good for the most part. Only a few times has he really tried to come out of his room and test it. He has just done wonderful. And best of all, he is now sleeping in a bit longer too! Hallelujah!!!
Just today we started potty training with Kellen. He has been periodically using the potty for Months now. But I am had not been ready to take on all the difficulties and challenges of potty training for myself. Now, finally, we are both ready. And he did a great job today. Only 2 minor accidents which in my mind is a huge success. It is very exciting to think of being back to only 1 kid in diapers! Woo hoo! Wish us continued success!
Kellen continues to do a great job with his little brother. He just loves him to pieces and thinks he is the cutest thing. He is a great helper with fetching items for him, giving him his binky, bringing him blankets (whether he needs them or not). You can tell he really adores him. Occasionally he does get annoyed by me holding or feeding Conner and will tell me to put the baby down or put him in his crib or give the baby to daddy, which I find quite hilarious. But that is really the extent of his annoyance.
We just love our Kellen to pieces. He is such a good boy and really has the kindest heart! He brings a lot of love and sweetness to our home and our family. He may be a whirlwind at times, but he is the cutest, kindest whirlwind around.

Part of Todd and Kellen's ritual every night is that after we read books together Kellen climbs up on Todd's lap and stands up really big and says "I TALL!!" You just have to hear it. It is ADORABLE and he looks so proud. I love it!
Doesn't he look so happy sleeping in his bed? :)

It's funny because Kellen actually looks bigger than Kenna in this picture, but I promise he is still smaller than her. Not by much, but she still has a head up on him....for now.
Kellen and his buddy Gretta, sharing a little snack. Too cute.

Along with Kellen loving to make messes, he also likes to make piles. He will bring a bunch of toys to the middle of the room and put everything together...drag toys of shelves, from the living room, out of the toy boxes and drawers, etc. Then he will tell you that it is all his "stuff" which is actually pretty cute to watch.

I always like a boy that can look good in a hat!
This is another thing Kellen does....lines up toys or blocks. Silly boy.
Poor Conner just looks a bit frightened. But really, he loves his big brother! Kellen just has a lot of enthusiasm at times.

3 comments:

amber said...

motherhood can be trying at times but so worth it. just remember this time too will pass, feels like not fast enough sometimes but it will. you know you have a wonderful family and are so blessed and they are blessed with a fantastic mommy and daddy. love you, auntie amber

Kipn n' Sarah said...

SUPER CUTE, such a Kellen post!!!! He is SERIOUSLY cute!!! I love all the shots, I love his many faces, I love his Hoarding tendencies, I just LOVE HIM!!!! The picture of him sleeping in his bed, I TOTALLY think looks like Brooke or Brooke looks like him. I see it and yes he looks so happy and big! LOVE IT, LOVE HIM!!!

Auntie Steph said...

Kellen's growing up so fast :(
He's adorable and I remember Jake doing some of the same things !