Thursday, February 4, 2010

Swing Park

Well, it is official. The "swing park" (as Makenna has named it) is 100% complete. Todd and I found and bought this used play set off of Craigslist a number of months ago. It only came with a very short bar that allowed for 1 swing attachment. So Todd and Pa built a swing arm all on their own to add to the play set. We bought the hardware and swings from the Rainbow store but everything else was done and assembled by these two studly men!
The kids Love their swing park. Having the swings has added much more entertainment. It is so nice to be able to go in our backyard and push both of them on the swings for as long as they want.
Way to go Pa and Daddy! You have made some very happy kids and a very happy mama.... anything that entertains the kids for a good length of time makes my life that much better!
Off course I pulled out my camera just as the kids were getting bored of swinging. But here they are enjoying it nonetheless.
It is both a blessing and a curse that Kellen can now climb to the top of the play set alone. I love not having to drag him up there myself, but I still don't trust that he wouldn't try to just walk right off the edge.

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

LOVE your swing park!!! It looks brand new after its make over by pa and daddy! Way to go!!!
So glad you now have a swing that I can push little Brooke in too when we come on over. SO FUN!!!
Kellen looks SO BIG when he climbs up that thing, when did he grow up?

amber said...

nothing better than kids having a good time, enjoy these days!!!