Monday, October 12, 2009

Well Deserved


Last Friday, Oct 2, KC (the man that saved Makenna's life) was awarded by the Coast Guard for his heroic action. He received a medal that was presented to him with the whole crew, KC'sfamily and our family present. It felt so good to see him honored and recognized for what he did. For me, my daughter and my family he gave us something priceless. He saved Makenna. He gave us our baby girl back...gave Todd and I are daughter, Kellen his big sissy, our whole family this darling little girl that means the world to us.
I believe that everyone that was involved in any way that day played and important role in the outcome we received. Jeri found her in the water. In a situation like this, every second counts. There is no saying what would have happened had she been found 30 seconds or a minute later. Carolynn gave KC the strength and support to do what he had to do. Danelle showed up at the perfect time to be able to take care of Kellen and the others while Makenna and I went to the hospital. Todd, assisted by my Dad, gave Makenna a blessing the minute he got there (which was not very long after we had arrived) and I believe that blessing played a hug role in how well she recovered, not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. My parents and family and friends all sent out prayers of love and support for us. I think there were many heroes and angels there that day.
I also believe that without KC there that day, there would have been a very different outcome. I saw my baby girl pulled out of the pool limp and unresponsive. I saw her lifeless, blue body lying there and felt and believed that I had lost my baby girl. And then I watched as KC administered CPR, talked to her, coaxed her back to life. I saw him breathe life into my daughter. I saw her take her first breath again for the second time in her life. He saved her and in so many ways saved me. We are forever grateful to him for what he has done for us. And on Friday it felt so good to stand there and watch him be honored and recognized for what he had done. It felt like giving something, even a very small something, back to him for all that he has given us.
Thank you again KC.
Thank you...




4 comments:

The Hardy's said...

Looks like it was a great cermony! Such a precious pic of Makenna and KC!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I LOVE this post and all the pictures are amazing! So glad they had this for KC he was for sure deserving of it!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

By the way, I am crying again!

C Knoop said...

What a great write up. I love the pictures and the way you said everything. On behalf of KC and his family...you are so welcome! We are glad Makenna is here with us safe and healthy. love ya!