Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pathetic

Yes, it is what I am. And after reading this post you will understand why.
Today was a bittersweet day for me. My amazing sissy Sarah (more commonly known these days as Auntie Rah Rah) has been down for the past 7 weeks due to knee surgery she had to have. She was on crutches for 7 weeks and when you put crutches together with a tiny baby you have a complicated situation. So Sarah stayed down here where she could have 24 hour care, mostly so that there was always someone that could help with Brooke (You certainly can't carry a baby and crutch around at the same time).
In some ways having Sarah and Brookie here was a little challenging. Life could get very loud. There were a few times that we had all 3 kids in the backseat crying or whining. Luckily Sarah and I were able to just look at each other and laugh during those moments. It was a bit crazy traveling together. But we mastered it quite quickly and had it down to an art by the time we left. It was always funny to be out and about together. One lady on crutches, a 3 year old holding onto her crutch and walking next to her and another lady holding a 12 month old on one hip and carrying a 3 month old in a car seat on the other arm. The looks we would get! But as I said, we got it down pretty smoothly. And it gave me a lot of training for what life will be like whenever we pop out baby #3 (don't get any crazy ideas!).
I know it was very hard on my sister being so immobile and so dependent on others. It was very hard for her being away from her hubby and her home for so long, especially with such a new baby. She stayed so strong through it all and amazed me every day. She is an inspiration to me. I think I would have been so depressed, but she kept it together and made the best out of it that she could, even though it was a struggle.
But today all of that came to an end. Rah Rah and Brookie got to go back home today. And though I am thrilled for Sarah to be able to be back on her feet, be back with her husband, have Brooke be back with her Daddy, I am sad for me and my kiddos. We had so much fun together. We had tons of laughs and good memories. It was so great to get to see Brooke grow up and change in the weeks she was here. It will be hard to not see her cute smile and here her crazy cooing every day. It will be sad to go to seeing her change and grow via pictures. But I know it is where everyone belongs. We are here at home in San Diego and she is back where she should be in Lake Elsinore (yes, she only lives an hour away....but for us it feels so far! See, I told you I was pathetic!)
Sissy, I love you and had a blast with you. We are happy to babysit you and Brooke any time. We will miss you both!
These girls could pass for sisters. I love it!
Makenna is infatuated with Brooke. She is such a good helper and is so sweet and loving with her. She is very protective of her little Brookie and is always by her side!
And Brooke adores Makenna right back. Brooke will watch Makenna wherever she goes. She is constantly looking around for where Makenna has gone. And she smiles and laughs for Makenna better than just about anyone I have seen try.
They may have a lot of energy, but we can still wear them out!
Being an Auntie is just as amazing as I thought it would be! I love my niece to pieces. I am really going to miss her tons!

It has been so neat to see my sis being a mommy...and such a good one. I love these girls!

Kellen too LOVES little Brooke to death. He is such a big brute it is so cute to see him talking to her sweetly in his deep little boy voice. He tries so hard to be gentle with her and knows he should be. But he is such a big boy and a bit clumsy at times. But he loves cousin so much. He just doesn't always like it when his Mama holds Brooke...there is a bit of jealousy there. He is a mama's boy and does not like anyone else getting in the way of that :)
Such a silly dude!
Their eyes are almost the same color!
They are going to be such good buds!
Sarah and I already see such a deep bond between these two. I love to think of the friends they will grow up to be.

4 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Great pics !
While I completely understand that you'll miss both of them, remember the bond that was created and keep in mind that not many people have the opportunity all of you had to spend this wonderful, challenging time together !

Dacia said...

That's so awesome that you have a sister nearby! Love the cute kiddo pictures.

The Perry family said...

that's so sweet! That's fun that you had that time together! Sisters are great!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok I am totally crying right now!!!
All the pictures, all the laughs, all the memories, all the fun, the crys, the craziness, all of it!!!
I am SO SO SO HAPPY to be home with my family were we belong. I am so happy to be walking again and able to carry my baby girl across the room.
BUT!!!!! I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I love you so much sis! I thank you SO MUCH for ALL that you did for me and Brooke while we were down there (when you were done taking care of yourself of course). I miss you like crazy because now I am used to seeing you all daily. I wish our families lived down the street from one another. But an hour isn't so bad!
Love ya sis! I gotta get my post up!