Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Happy Day, Brooke!"

Yesterday Makenna, Kellen and I got to go up and see our sweet baby Brooke. Brooke was born on July 18th and Makenna has been so anxious to go and see her baby cousin for the whole day!
When we told her that Brooke was born on Saturday and that she would get to visit her on Tuesday Makenna said, "It's baby Brooke's Happy Day?" (Kenna's way of saying Birthday) And I said, "Yes, it's Brooke's Happy Day!" (Because it very literally was!) Makenna then wanted to make sure that Brooke's "Happy Day" would be accompanied by "Happy Cake" "Party Hats" and "Whistles" And so we figured sure, why not?! My mom made a cake, I bought the party hats and party horns and we threw Brooke her first little "Birthday Party". It was actually so sweet and the kids had so much fun with it that I decided this will be a tradition in our family when we bring babies home from the hospital. I think it is a great way to get the little ones to have fun, be excited and feel involved verses be sad about the attention that is taken away from them or get jealous in any way. So the party, though small and simple, was a lot of fun and very sweet. Happy Day Baby Brooke!
A very happy party girl!
Truly the cutest baby around!
No wonder this boy has his mama wrapped around her finger...he is such a goof!

I just love my little niece to death! She is the cutest little thing and is such a sweet little baby. It has been so neat to see my sister as a mommy. She has wanted this for so long and you can just see the happiness and joy written all over her face. Life is good for them. And we are so happy to have Brooke in our lives. She is such a doll!
Kenna was great with the baby and loved to hold her! She was so gentle and sweet and very interested in helping out and being a good big cousin to Brooke. It amazed me how much different she is now from when Kellen was a baby and we brought him home. It makes you realize how much they really grow up in just a matter of months. She is so much bigger and more mature now. It makes me excited to see how she will be as a big sister to the next baby we bring home, which still won't be for awhile :)
The proud cousin holding her baby
Sweet little Brookers!
I can't wait to see what good buddies these two will be
The cousins together. Kellen was being very lovey and kept giving Kenna kisses!

3 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Great pics & I LOVE the Happy Day !

Jessica said...

i'm glad you put up some pictures, i've been so anxious to see a few more of brooke. she has such a sweet face! your daughter seems so sweet and thoughtful! p.s. i love how baby brooke is "a belly" hahah

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I LOVE that video at the end, I did not even know that you were video taping that, SO CUTE!!! Thanks for posting pictures of her. I need to get on the ball but I am glad that people got to see at least something since I have been a slacker :)
Thanks Kenna for the great idea of the "Happy Day" that will now also be a tradition in our family as well! That was so fun and can't wait to see all those cousins grow up together. SO FUN!