Monday, July 20, 2009

Funny Conversations

"Kenna, it's time to get dressed. Do you want to pick out your clothes or do want mommy to?"
"You do it mommy."
"okay"
I go and decide it would be fun for her to wear a dress today, so I pick out summery one and come back with it to put it on her.
She stares at me.
"Mommy. What's that? It's not church today!"
(Apparently I am bad at having my daughter wear dresses on any other day than Sunday)



"Mommy, Kellen is silly"
"Yes he is. He is a silly boy!"
"He's not a boy mama! He's a baby!"
"Yes, he's a baby boy"
"Yeah"
"Are you a girl or a boy"
"I a Girl"
"Is mommy a girl or a boy?"
"Mommy is a girl."
"Is Baby Brooke a girl or a boy."
"Mama, that is silly....Baby Brooke is a belly!"
(I had thought that Makenna understood that baby Brooke was IN the belly and that now she is OUT, but I guess not. Maybe seeing her in real life tomorrow will connect the pieces. But it was so funny...I was cracking up!)

4 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Isn't it great to have these fun conversations and see things from the perspective of a little one....

Sunny and Tom Richins said...

very funny! I love both of these stories. I keep checking for pictures of baby Brooke but no pictures yet!

The Perry family said...

Funny girl! I really need to document those kinds of convo too.
You look good holding baby Brooke.

The Picketts said...

How cute! I love hearing the things that come out of their mouths! SOOO cute!